Dara Hotel Istanbul
$120
$115
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
Hotels.com
$420
$119
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquemarmara seaaya sophiasultanahmet areabreakfast is servedrooms are cleanexcellent locationboiled eggsdouble bedby footi highly recommend this hotelold townsmall hotelturkeywonderful hotelterraceroof
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here with my sister November 2013.
The location is perfect!
A few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and very easy to reach all the main attractions.

The staff were very welcoming and it was very helpful that I was able to have direct contact via email with the hotel. On arrival we were given a map and helped to understand where local attractions were.

Breakfast - it was SO delicious and what a range of food. I can't wait to return and have more! The rooftop terrace is fabulous with a very pretty view to the sea.

The lovely lady around at breakfast time was so friendly and helpful and made a point of speaking to everyone and making us all feel at home.
In fact, all of the staff we met were friendly and very polite, I'm sorry I didn't catch names.

Rooms were spotlessly clean and we had very comfortable beds!
Friendly cleaning ladies did a fabulous job every day in our room.

Thank you Osman and your team for a fabulous stay. Can't wait to return in September. :-)

Fiona :)

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank effemme4
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Fiona,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel well placed, near SultanAhmed (Blue Mosquee) and Aayasofya (Hagia Sophia) mosques and centre of Istanbul - near Tramway for Grand/egypt Bazars and Eminonu ferries/fishes !

Reception is very hospitable and good service in rooms.

Good price/service evaluation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for four days. We found the staff to be proactively helpful. We have a disabled child and in every way the hotel and staff went out of their way to help. Itaj the guy at reception would see us coming and open doors, help us up the stairs and generally made things easy for us. Very friendly staff thru out. The location was perfect only a 3-5 minute walk the main attractions. We were given a huge room with three singles,a double bed & space for all of our luggage and disabled chair. It has a lovely restaurant at walking distance along with a hamaam at a 10 minute walk. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if you have kids it's fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nadeem_k7

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you're looking for upmarket luxury then you won't choose the Dara Hotel. But, if you're looking for an affordable, comfortable hotel with a great central location then the Dara Hotel is for you.

As already mentioned on other reviews, the rooms are spotless, the breakfast great with a wide choice and the staff helpful, hard working and kind. Also, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia are a short walk away and is the Sultanahmet tram stop.

I run a small tour operating business and if I was ever to expand - I would choose the Dara Hotel for my guests to stay at.

Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank EternalLandscapes

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I booked the Dara Hotel for one night for its central location and low price (and because it has my name). It is within walking distance of all the sights in Sultanahmet, and about 5-10 minutes' stroll from the tram stop. It's in a steep and fairly narrow street; the area is quiet but felt quite safe to me, even at night. Dinner is not served in the hotel, but the restaurant "Vaha" at the corner is associated with the hotel and serves good food. Directly across the road from the hotel is a mosque that is well worth a visit.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. When I arrived Mr Aytaç greeted me with a smile and checked me in with the absolute minimum of formality.

The first room I was shown to was on the ground floor (actually almost underground because of the steepness of the street) and had a damp smell. I asked for a change and was immediately moved to another, larger room at the top of the house. The room was clean and comfortable with fast wi-fi. There was no elevator serving this part of the hotel, so it was necessary to climb 3 flights of stairs. A young man carried my suitcase to both rooms.

The bathroom had an unusual bath with a shelf that made it possible to sit with your feet in the water but not to immerse yourself in the water.

There was no view from the room as it backed onto another building. However there was a splendid view from the roof terrace where breakfast was served. The breakfast buffet included a wide variety of food.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms may have a damp smell - go for a room higher up.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DaraConnolly
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014