“helpful staff and clean room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dara Hotel Istanbul

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dara Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #257 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
hk
“helpful staff and clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I visited this hotel in sep 2012. The room is small but clean, and in very convenient location. The staff there are also very helpful in advising your plan of trip. I booked the car pick up and it was 2 hours late due to technical problem, and the manager is willing to waive the car fee as compensation plus a free transfer when we return to airport. This show they are sincere in handling complaint. Just that as i live in third floor the bath shower is quite weak, but my friends who live in first floor says there are no such problems. Also, everyday i was waken up at 5:00am by prayers song yet my friends also say they do not encounter such experience. So i guess all depends on which room and floor u are in. Overall speaking, i think the hotel is good at reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accomodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

A place so much to be reccommended! The staff was excellent and incredibly helpful (as I used to work as a tour guide, I have stayed in many hotels and was amazed about the friendliness of the staff). Small but very clean and nice rooms. Small clean bathroom. Great roof top terrace beside an old mosque (beware: the muezzin calls...) and great setting with the view of the sea. The breakfast is superb!! Small alley which is quiet in the night (a rare thing in Istanbul).Short walk to all the sights and the tramway.
Perfect choice for a 3* hotel!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda N

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I booked my parents this hotel based on good reviews, and based on the location - close to the appropriate mosques and Grand Bazzar. After a week in Germany, a week in Turkey, and a week in Italy - my parents have returned raving about Osman and this amazing hotel. They hotel is small, so clients get top notch personal attention. Every time I would call my parents, anyone that answered the phone was kind enough to talk to me and tell me my parents whereabouts and when to expect them back, so I can call and speak to them again. The breakfast is served on a roof top with a gorgeous view, and after stays in grand hotel in Las Vegas and Italy, my parents still think Dara Hotel is top of their list. The rooms are small and charming. But they are clean, and the service is what sends this hotel over the top in reviews. They even have special offers, special private tours, and shuttle service to and from the airport. After the many many many detailed stories of the personal service my parents received, I give this hotel six stars!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, September 19, 2012

Oxfordshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in August and the family room was just right for parents and 3 kids. There are quite a few stairs to get there note and while the windows have blinds and curtains they didnt block much light out. Staff were very helpful and transfers all perfect. Location great to walk to main sights or get the well run and cheap tram to others. Terrace is lovely with typical Turkish breakfast fare, lots of choice but if you want doughnuts or English cooked breakfast try the Holiday Inn !

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CJAJ351
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, September 5, 2012

dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this hotel with lastminute.com the night before we traveled. Seems hard to find a room for 4 that isn't tiny or uber expensive. This room actually held 5 and it was large enough.The location was great as we were able to walk to all the main attractions. The staff were very helpful. It was lovely to have Breakfast on the terrace but we were not overly impressed with what was on offer. Too many savory dishes for so early in the morning.I think it's the same throughout Turkey. Would definitely recommend here for location and value. It's a pity they couldn't offer a beer or wine. After walking through stifling heat site seeing all day it would have been nice to sit on the roof terrace sipping a cold beer and watching the sun go down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank traveladdictdublin

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lovely place to stay (near Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque), with a beautiful view from the terrace. Breakfasts in their terrace were always an enjoyable experience. People who are working there are all very kind and helpful:). Rooms are small, but clean and nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Sanaa, Yemen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent a week in Dara Hotel. It felt home the first minute i entered the hotel. The staff welcomed me and my mother we were tired since we were traveling all night. We didn't wait for long our room was ready. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. As for the breakfast i loved it and the view was just amazing. I would like to thank all Dara staff for making my stay as amazing as they were. Also i cant forget the reception whom were helping me in all my tours. Thank you all

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, July 24, 2012