Dara Hotel Istanbul
$194
$163
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$110
$118
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquemarmara seaaya sophiasultanahmet areabreakfast is servedrooms are cleanexcellent locationboiled eggsdouble bedby footi highly recommend this hotelold townsmall hotelturkeywonderful hotelterraceroof
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Nice little hotel near all the sites in Sultahnamet. My wife (Mariam S) and I stayed for six nights on the third flood, which had its advantages and few disadvantages. It provided a great view of the Maramara Sea and was very quiet. Major disadvantage was in the morning when tables and chairs were being moved around the terrace. You could hear everything! The room was small, but cozy enough for two people. Clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly, particularly Simra, who was the breakfast chef. She made us feel very welcome! Oh, the terrace is awesome...especially in the evening when the sun is setting...very peaceful :)

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in, try getting a room on the first or second floors. Third floor rooms, while nice, are right under the terrace, where you can hear tables and chairs being moved around in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accomodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked this on laterooms and found a great deal. Thought it was too good to be true. Turns out it was even better! Only downfall was that the walls are a bit thin making it noisy at times throughout the night. I actually slept with earplugs the second night and was perfect. But I'm. Super light sleeper- my friends didn't have issues.
The staff were amazing and gave outstanding service! Super clean rooms and very comfortable.
Breakfast was amazing and even better on the rooftop. But get there earlier as it goes fast- well all the super yummy stuff anyways. Lots of food and all homemade.
I would definitely stay again and have already recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Dara Hotel for 6 nights. The room was clean but a bit small. We stayed on the 3rd floor. The breakfast service was great and the view from the terrace was amazing. My husband and I became friends with the chef, Samira. She was so sweet!

The only con was that our room was on the 3rd floor below the terrace where the breakfast was served. Starting 8 am, we would hear everything from the terrace, chairs moving etc. We were forced to be up at 8 am!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great place for a family. We stayed with our three kids in a family room. The size of the room was just right. The service was great the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have traveled quite a lot. The Dara is a 3-star hotel. But that is fine that's what I was looking for. I think the price was fair at 70 Euro for what we got and where it was. Our room was smallish but just fine. It was clean, clean sheets and towels though they should be replaced soon. But it was the service and location that sets it apart. The front desk men are superb. Always seemingly really interested in doing the right thing for the guest. Each morning there is a wonderful, very adequate and diverse breakfast on the roof. The roof view is great but it is the hospitality of the staff that makes you feel so welcome. The woman in charge quickly learns where you like to sit and what to drink in the morning. It's located maybe 250 yards from the Blue Mosque. The street down to it is a bit steep but even with my 102 year old father-in-law with us we did great. So if you don't need all the glitz then try it out. WIFI in our room was fair but very strong down in the reception area where they have comfortable couches.

Room Tip: We stayed in #34 which is fine for a couple though small and a smaller bathroom. Very quiet until about 8:00 AM when people start arriving for breakfast on the roof. They do have rooms for 2, 3, 4 people.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family