Best Island Hostel
$78
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
$139
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$177
Travelocity
$253
$246
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$113
Agoda.com
$384
Official Site
  • Pool
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$209
$151
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a simple place, probably not the brighter one but cheap and with a very friendly staff. It is in the heart of the city, just near from the blue mosquee, and the tramway is very close. It's very practical to move on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This place is awful. If you have any love to your money stay somewhere else in town. In the same day me and other two people have been stolen there. People from the hostel staff sneaked into the private accommodations and "cleaned the guests". Besides, the toilets are bad, and in the third floor there is no door knob or locker in the toilet, and you are obliged to hold the door with your hands while trying to use the loo.

The service is bad, and staff unfriendly and not clear about what they offer to you.I was with two male friends and the lady in the reception didn't warned us that the triple room we had to pay in advance was actually a double bed and a single bed. End of the history, we had to share a bed for the first and only night I spent there.

Breakfast is not good as well. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: No tips, just do not stay here. This place should be closed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leandro A
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'd booked some other place online who overbooked me and was traipsing about with all my bags. I turned up here and they seemed kind of friendly. They had a room below ground level that looked (up) to peoples ankles in the restaurants, or a nearby apartment room in a building that housed the staff. I took the room, and paid in Euros, and they gave me one euro coins, saying it would be easy to change them to a note.

It was hard to change them to a note, as coins get a lower rate, but when I complained, they gave me a note.

Then it was OK. I slept well. The toilet was upstairs, but it was OK. They stored my bag for free in the day and I got ten minutes on a (slow) computer. I can't really complain about the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If what you are looking for in a hostel is a $7 bed in a 12 bed dorm then this is your place. My boyfriend and I were looking for an inexpensive private room in Istanbul. The best Island hotel was not great. In fact it was awful. Our room was dirty, our sheets were stained, and the shower had mirror shards in it. Our room was literally right next to reception (less than a foot from the desk). It was loud all night with the receptionist talking loudly and people coming in and out. The breakfast was tiny. We ended up calling it a loss after one night, and booking a different hotel (they wouldn't give us our money back for the 2 other nights we were supposed to stay here). Don't stay here if you want anything more than a cheap dorm bed.

Room Tip: There is no good room here. But if you still decide to stay here, insist that you see your room before you pay for it. If it is right next to reception or you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of cheap hotels in Istanbul.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The owner of this hostel just canceled our reservation for 12 people without any reason and without inform us. Once we arrived there he had a strong argument extremely rude to force us to accept that it was our mistake and hot his.

The cleaning of this hostel is really bad and the staff extremely unfriend.

I do not recommend this hostel at all for nobody!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends