“Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Cafe Rumist

Cafe Rumist
Ranked #11 of 13,895 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: All the Turkish hot and cold drinks, dessert, kebabs, pides, pizzas in a wood burning oven.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This has to be by far the best resturant in istanbul .
the food was fantastic , the atmosphere was fantastic , the owner and everybody else there were great.
my best dish would have to be the clay pot. !!!! :)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Called in for quick lunch and just had simple pide.
Nice and tasty. Staff friendly and efficient. Would come back

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Other positive reviews probably reflect the value for money (I.e. low cost) of this place. Our experience was poor - service slow and food less good than the other places we tried on the street.

Also, of you fancy a drink, this is not your place as it is not licensed, which the other reviewers don't seem to mention.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice relaxed restaurant. Excellent lunch and service. Genuine atmosphere. Well situated close to Hagia Sophia.

1  Thank Anna N
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After reading all the great reviews and seeing that this restaurant is 13th in all of Istanbul we figured we would have to try it. We ordered the mezi plate 16tl, a sizzling meat plate 20tl and a chicken casserole 15tl. After waiting 35 minutes for our mezi plate we were served, iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing, a tiny scoop of old tasting hummus, some sour cream with dill pieces and a chilli paste (all of which were served free usually at our hotel breakfast). After looking back at the menu I realized that 3 of the 4 items were not those listed in the menu.

Another 25 minutes passed until we were served the most measly entrees, probably smaller than those served on the airplane.

I am very very concerned at how this restaurant can be ranked 13th of 10000 restaurants in Istanbul. This IS SO VERY INACCURATE. I am now almost glad that I was served small portions because I have an incredible stomach ache, which might be even worse if I had ate more.

Been to Cafe Rumist? Share your experiences!