“best staff ever, great location”
Review of Hotellino Istanbul

Hotellino Istanbul
Ranked #56 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Cairo, Egypt
“best staff ever, great location”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed at Hotellino with friends and family in October, 2013, during feast. The staff were incredible with us from the minute we booked online till we left. We booked 3 rooms: single, double and triple. Booking went very smoothly and I got prompt replies each time I sent an inquiry, which were very helpful and informative. The rooms are very clean. When we arrived to the hotel, we were very impressed by its outstanding location in old town where pretty much everything is accessible. You can take the tram from Sirkeci station (2-minute walk from hotel) or Gulhane, which is also the same distance and very close. Also the Sirkeci underground and ferry stops are a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Bosphorus channel (at Sirkeci ferry) is very close where you can go on Bosphorus cruise, walk along the channel, buy drinks, pomegranate, corn, pickles, etc. If the hotel were a bit higher, it would overlook Bosphorus channel. As for historical landmarks, the hotel is surrounded by many places to visit such as Topkapi Palace Museum, Hagia Sophia, Istanbul Archaeology Museum, all of which you can visit by foot plus Great Palace Mosaic Museum, New Mosque and Grand Bazaar. Aside from all those advantages, the greatest thing about Hotellino that you barely come across in most hotels in Istanbul is its staff. The staff is very friendly, supportive, hospitable and sincere, in particular Tuna, hotel general manager. Tuna is an exemplary role model for cordiality. I would like to give him credit for offering total support even after leaving the hotel to help me with an incident. I accidentally left my digital camera in the cab on the way to the airport and only realized that when I got back home. I immediately called the hotel, which offered to help me in every possible way. They were able to contact the cab company and trace it. It made me feel reassured that the camera has been kept at the hotel afterwards. I was in touch with Tuna sending emails back and forth for weeks, even months, to figure out a way to ship it to my country. Finally, a friend of mine who happens to be staying in the old town had the camera sent to her hotel by taxi when I informed them. Tuna has been so patient and supportive all along. Because of them, I was able to retrieve my camera. My only regret would be being late in paying back cab fare to the hotel. Since the very start, everyone at the hotel has been tremendously present, answering each and every question and making suggestions for places to visit or shopping areas. Their hospitality and warm welcome are what made our stay so enjoyable. I'd definitely stay there every time I visit Istanbul unless they're mad at me for the overdue payment!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank world-traveler-salma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff are friendly and always available but not obtrusive. They will recommend places to eat, book tours and taxis.The rooms are small, clean and modern. Beds are very comfortable. Hotel is in excellent location and in walking distance of many attractions and places to eat. Breakfast has enough variety to suit most people. Area is quiet but seems safe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ms5343
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at hotellino for four night.This hotel was in walking distance from pretty much everywhere in the old city.Room is very clean and relaxing dizayn.Staff was very professiinal, always smilling, helpful.Super service highly recommend it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aowe12
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Clean,comfertable,friendly,great location on the tram line,nice breakfast couldn't have asked for better.I would recommend this small hotel to anyone staying hotellino in istanbul.We will come back.Thank you very much all of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank John-klaus
Ashkelon, Israel
Reviewed February 14, 2014

we stayed in the hotel for 4 days. The room was small, but clean and confortable, the staff was fantastic! The location is very good and the neighbordhood silent. The hotel is exellent for families & couples. The staff offered us help and tips that were very usefull, also, they treated us in a lovely and warm way. I recomend dearly this lovely littlel hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carlos M
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed with my son for 8 days in Hotellino (a present for his 18th birthday) and it seemed to be an excellent choice. Very nice room, very friendly staff and the daily good advises from the lady of the house about sightseeinging, restaurants, nightlife, etc... were very helpful and much appreciated. The location in the quiet old center of Istanbul and at walking distance from most important places of interest is perfect. No doubt I will choose for Hotellino again during my next visit at Istanbul. You get very good value for the money ! Geert & Lars Libbrecht, Brugge/Belgium

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Geert L
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the 1st leg of our honeymoon. After driving through the hectic streets of Istanbul we pulled up to this small boutique hotel on a seemingly dark street. We were greeted by the friendly staff and shown up to out room. It was a cute little room. Bathrobes and slippers awaited us. Our room was covered in potpourri. On our beds and floors. A little bit of a mess but a sweet gesture to welcome us honeymooners. We had a large window that overlooked the rooftops of the city and the domes of mosques in the distance. It was stunning. We ordered apple tea every night and it was always delicious. We wanted to explore the city immediately and I noticed that the window's lock was not latching. My paranoid well versed in travel-self complained to the management but I wouldn't wait around in the room for it to be fixed. We locked out stuff up to the armoire. When we returned, nothing fixed, nothing stolen either we relaxed. I guess a thief wouldn't risk scaling the side of the building to our room on the top floor to steal bikinis and flip flops. Still... You never know and I've experienced horror stories of trusting too much.

The breakfast was wonderful. Cucumbers. Olives. Bread. Cheese. Cold cuts. Tomatoes. Nutella. Coffee. Tea. So simple but enough to get you going. We looked forward to it every morning.

The location of the hotel was on a small street but easily walkable to all the great sites. I loved walking right out to the street and exploring the city. There was a lot of traffic on it but it just added to the life of that city. And we didn't mind. We walked everywhere. I didn't notice tolling of mosque bells like I've read in other reviews.

Love love love this quaint little hotel. Would definitely stay again. What a great beginning to a wonderful trip!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple