“best place”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I realy enjoy my trip with help of acra hotel cause they are so friendly and at every stiuation they wanted to help to their customers. I slept very well. I also met with very nice workers especialy Hasan. He and every other workers were so great. I like also hotel area. It is near to the lots of historical places. You dont need to pay lots of bucks to transportation and you dont waste your time.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ozlem50

Reviewed June 8, 2010

After an extremely long flight from America, what a pleasure to be met at the entrance to the hotel, by Hasan, smiling and welcoming us to the lovely Hotel Acra. Everything was more than we could have anticipated.....nicely appointed room, very clean, great breakfast, and staff service that was friendly and most accommodating. The two young men who assisted Hasan and Lale, were so very helpful and pleasant. Lale is a very special young woman, warm and sweet and able to answer all of our questions, going out of her way to see that our needs were met.

Thanks to all of them for making our stay a memorable one indeed.

We will try to send photos later.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank HarryRuthOwen
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Acra and we had a great time! The staff has been really well-mannerer and friendly from the welcome till the goddbye. The hotel is almost perfectly positioned: a couple of minutes walking by the Sultan Ahmet square, at the right distance in order not to be disturbed by the chaos of traffic or touristic crowd. Rooms always well kept and cleaned. A real oasis after an intensive days spent running around the city.
Special thanks to Hasan and Atila that proved to be good friends as well as very professional by showing us a little part of the Istanbul by night.
The only thing we could ask more is to be able to stay there longer!
Thanks a lot and good luck to all of you!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We were very happy with Acra Hotel! The staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is nice and clean and the rooms were spacious and neatly decorated. The hotel is very easy to find and perfectly located - less than 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and also very close to a tram stop which made it very easy to reach the hotel from the airport (taking first the metro and then the tram, a whole lot cheaper than taking a taxi). We will definitely come back next time we pass through Istanbul!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Following the horrendous volcanic ash cloud I was close to cancelling my trip to Istanbul, but I had been looking forward to visiting the much spoken about cultural city for such a long time that I decided that it was worth the risk. After some research and speaking to a few friends who had visited Turkey before, I decided to stay at Acra Hotel for my one weeks stay and what a wise decision that was.

After the Taxi drive from Ataturk Airport I was greeted by the warm and friendly staff at Acra hotel at the door. They welcomed me with huge smiles and made me feel welcome straight away. Hasan one of the members of staff was particularly helpful and even drew me a map of the city centre so that I wouldn't get lost during my travels. I have been to many hotels before and have never come across such a friendly, attentive and co-operative member of staff.

I had a superior single room decorated with Ottoman style furnishings overlooking the lively city. I can be quite a cynic when it comes to cleanliness in hotel rooms but I have to say that the room smelt of Jasmines when I walked in and cleaners were always around throughout my stay. I was pleased to find that I had wireless access in my bedroom and was able to check my emails whenever I wanted to.

Breakfast was served buffet style with a rich variety of Mediterranean delicacies, cheeses, breads, pastries, several ranges of salami, stuffed olives and natural marmalades known as recel. I also found myself fall in love with the traditional Turkish bread called 'simit' which is similar to a bagel and can be eaten alongside the above mentioned.

The location of the hotel couldn't have been any better as it was a very short distance away from all of the city's main historical sites. Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar were all a short walk away, I absolutely loved the convenience of being able to pop into my hotel room and back out again to continue with my sight visits. Thanks to Hasan's hand drawn map and useful advice I was able to delve into the city and explore its heritage, culture and all of the Ottoman ruins.

Overall I was extremely happy with the quality, value for money and service of Acra Hotel and would return again tomorrow without hesitation. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to visit the city's main historical attractions, dine in an Ottoman fused environment and be welcomed by hospitable and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We were recommended the hotel by a friend who had stayed there. Certainly worth it. It's central for all the usual main tourist attractions, most of which are within easy walking distance - as is the tram. The reception staff and the support staff were extremely helpful, charming and friendly.

Worth staying at!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Generally very happy with our stay at the Acra. The room, and public areas of the hotel, were very comfortable, new and I was particularly impressed at how immaculately clean everything was kept. Bathrooms were modern and stylish. Beds comfortable and each room has a seating area which is a bonus. The hotel is very well located in the historical area of Sultanahmet, and the surrounding streets feel very safe and calm and are free of through-traffic. There were a few little niggles initially, mainly due to us having booked a triple room, but being given a double room with an extra single bed shoved into one corner. We were moved to a proper, more spacious, triple room with double bed on the second night. Looking at earlier reviews this seems to have happened to other people which is disappointing. I have to agree with earlier reviews that the partition walls between the rooms are very thin and you can hear normal levels of conversation in adjoining rooms. Luckily, our neighbours were fairly quiet and we had a room on the outside of the building so this wasn't too much of a problem. Breakfast was fine, although spolit somewhat by some low quality elements (e.g. cheap juice, poor hot selection) which I think the hotel should seriously look into improving. The staff did a good job and were helpful, welcoming and professional at all times. We also had a free taxi transfer which was welcome, free and fast wifi was also a plus. If you are looking for a safe bet in Sultanahmet I have no hestitation in recommending the Acra.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple