“The place to stay in Istanbul”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #243 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 9, 2010

From the moment we checked in, we knew we had a found a gem in Istanbul! Near to all the sights, the Acra is both clean, beautiful and convenient. The staff are amazing and made our stay in Istanbul feel like a trip to visit old friends. Look for Hasan Yavuz at the front desk. He greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome from the moment we wearily checked in after a long flight. He is extremely helpful and not only helped us plan our sightseeing but also helped with small details such as where to buy tea and how to package our souvenirs so they'd make the trip back home safely. A must stay if you are visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed December 28, 2009

İt is a warm and welcoming hotel;the reception people are easy to approach and make you feel at home,you can have a nice laugh wıth Hasam and Lale.
I am very grateful.

Juan Antonio

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2009

This hotel was selected after much R & D for my Honeymoon stay and to my surprise it surpassed all my expectations...
The rooms are filled with a delightful aroma and have a very nice and elegant decor all together.....Hotel staff are immensely hospitable and friendly...never come across anyone in the tourism industry as such... The best of all is the Breakfast which is too good !!! and yes ofcourse the complimentary Turkish Tea Coffee and cookies... I would definitely want to stay there again.

All the Sightseeing hotspots of the IStanbul city tour are walking distance of about 5 minutes from the hotel in the fabulous and lovely setting of Sultanahmet.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank aiyazkhot
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Our travel in Istanbul was 25/11 – 02/12. We stayed in Acra Hotel and we had great time. We could not have been happier with our choice.

As a member of the travel industry (I am myself a hotel owner in Santorini island Greece) I am usually quite critical with my accommodation options when I travel. Acra hotel was over my expectations in every aspect and I would like to congratulate Ozlem and every each one of all the rest of the staff for the great hospitality.

The hotel is positioned in an excellent spot for walking to a lot of the tourist areas, just some minutes away by feet from Blue Mosque and Aghia Sophia in Sulatanahmet. The staff and the service were excellent from the first moment, (when they pick us up from the airport) till the last day (very personal greeting in our departure). Our Rooms (we had two) were superb with all the amenities a modern traveller expects. The hotel is new and everything in the room and the large bathroom is great. The decoration is elegant and modern at the same moment.

The buffet breakfast is delicious, with great variety and is served in a lovely breakfast lounge with some byzantine ruins around.

All in all an amazing hotel, great people and made a brilliant escape for us to lovely Istanbul. We could not have been happier with our choice.

The hotel ACRA exceeded our expectations, and we highly recommend this hotel.
Thank you again all in ACRA hotel for a wonderful stay in Istanbul. We would be come back (I hope really soon)!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Geo k
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We are a group of 4 friends(1 couple and 2 singles) and we chose the familly room.
The room was very spacious and contained two seperate rooms,recently renovated(everything was knew),exemplarily clean(actually the cleaning ladies even gave their own personal touch when folding our pijamas.so sweet..!),luminous(3 big windows).
The breakfast restaurant was very big and surprisingly built on ancient ruines carefully elected.The breakfast was very rich and the eggs were cooked instantly at order.Only the fruits weren't very fresh.The breakfast waiters were very welcoming.
The personel was extremelly friendly,smily,welcoming and always ready to give us the best advices.Actually the places for dinner and hamam we were recomended by the receptionist were very good and weren't tourist traps as usual.
Tea and cake was often available durring the day at the loby.All these made us fell completly like at home.
The location of the hotel was excellent,just a few minutes walk from all the major touristic sites.
The transport to and from the airport was trully a great advantage.
The only flaw in the hotel was that the internet connection provided didnt function at my laptop.But I could serve the computer available at the loby.
All in all,I believe that the foremost advantage of this hotel is the excellent equivalence of quality and price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeannine_myl
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We booked this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and I have to say we weren't let down. We couldn't have asked for more in terms of the rooms, service or location - and all this for an extremely reasonable price. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Sultanahmet (just around the corner from the main sights and the Four Seasons Hotel), plus it is quite new, so there is still a very fresh feel about it. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Istanbul - you won't be disappointed!

PROS: spacious rooms, beautifully decorated, all amenities in room (tea, coffee, hair dryer, safe etc), very generous buffet breakfast, lovely building (reception, common areas etc), extremely helpful and friendly staff, free wifi in rooms, plus a PC in reception with printer, excellent location (5 minute walk to Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque etc), quiet, clean, warm and all at a very good price (we payed 350 euros for a double room for 5 nights in mid Dec using the early booking discount on their website).

CONS: if I really had to mention something, I would say that if you are visiting in the summer, you may be disappointed by the lack of a roof terrace for breakfast (we were there in Dec so it didn't really matter), but you can always enjoy a coffee on one of the gazillion cafes/hotels nearby whenever you want!

In conclusion, one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at :)

1  Thank Katerinask
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We have just come back from an amazing trip to Turkey, part of which was made so by the Acra Hotel.

It was a pleasure to be greeted each morning by the very friendly Lale and Ozlem before a leisurely stroll to all of the sites in Istanbul that are very close by.

An absolute pleasure to stay and and would recommend to anyone travelling to Istanbul, and I definitely will as I am a travel agent!

Thanks again everyone at the Acra Hotel.

1  Thank cadebond