“Perfect Location and staff”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #202 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
“Perfect Location and staff”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just returned from 6 night stay in Istanbul, family of 4: 2 children and 2 adults. we were lucky to have booked our stay at Acra Hotel in Sultanhamet. It was barely a km away from Sulthanamet Park which boasts of most of the major attractions. We stayed in the superior family room which had 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate full bathrooms. The rooms were perfect, clean with hardwood floors. Breakfast was good as well with a decent variety . Front desk staff were exceptionally helpful especially Serkan, he helped us out with all our tours and everything else . Multiple cafes and shopping districts scattered around the hotel , one is never at a loss as to what to eat. The bosphorus shore a mere 10 minute walk away. Needless to say our trip to Istanbul was perfect.

Room Tip: If traveling with family, chose either the Standard Family room ( 2 separate bedrooms and 1 bathroom...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Hina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a wonderful week in Istambul with the help of the cordial staff of the Acra Hotel. We bought the 4-day Cultural package that gave us the opportunity to have two organized quality tours and transfers to and from the airport. The hotel is located in a quiet area and at the same time close to several tourist sites and to a variety of restaurants, shops and the tram. The rooms were comfortable, very clean and neat. We enjoyed breakfast in the morning and tea and pastries in the afternoon.
Excellent service, pleasant environment, hospitable.
luz&carlos

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank luces954
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is ideal as it is tucked away from the more crowded mosque areas and quieter. It is a short walk to major tourist sites, restaurants, shopping and the train. The staff was extremely pleasant and more than accommodating. My daughter and I were offered tea whenever we waited in the lobby or an outside table. They made arrangements for transfers to the airport and tours. The hotel was clean with comfortable beds. My only dissatisfaction was loud guests one evening (I stayed there 5 nights). I am certain they would have done what they could if I had complained so I do not want to drop my rating as I did not give them a chance to remedy the situation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kira M
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights every day same breakfast, could improve with little addition of Soup of day, Humas, Mutabal and fruit salad.
Service was good and staff was accommodating, walking distance to Blue Mosque. Hega-Sophia and museum. restaurants were on street every where. particularly sultans cafe we ordered kebabs and creep chicken and was fabulous, we visited 3 days to order same dishes.

Room Tip: Get on Top floors
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Erbil, Iraq
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have enjoyed very reside ın this hotel and have provided me with the best services and special reseption essipacialty hasan and serkan always gave to me the information what I need. they gave me right and nice place where I want to go and ı feel very happy when I stay in this hotel and I wish come back to stay in that hotel again and I advice everyone to visit this hotel because as if you feel with your famıly

Room Tip: superior room good choice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank maysa m
Alanya, Turkey
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is situated in the heart of a tourist enclave, but if you can get past the constant sales pitches to check out menus, carpets, etc then this is a good location to explore the amazing sights of Sultanahmet. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable and clean. The only downside was the breakfast, which was lacking in options and quality. We only ate it the first morning and ventured out on our own the following 3 days. I'd recommend this hotel for a first time visit to Istanbul, but if you're looking for a more authentic Turkish experience you'll need to get further away from Sultanahmet Square.And also Serkan Hayta is greate person and so helpfull

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kerem Y
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed hotel in january. Locatation is amazing.
Blue mosque,topkapi palace is very close to hotel.
Also room is clean.Staff is helpful.
Also Mr. Serkan is wonderfull.He is so kind.
Our first time in Istanbul also in Acra hotel. We will back to that hotel in next time...
Thank you for everything.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple