“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #237 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Cairo, Egypt
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A lovely experience. The hotel is in a quite street, few meters away from bustling streets with all kinds of restaurants & shops. A few hundred meters from majour touristic attractions, to mention a few the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, the islamic art musum in the hippodrome +++. The entire hotel is spotlessly clean. Room comfortably large, bathroom spacious. The staff very polite, cordial & extremely helpful. Breakfast buffet had everything.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the couple of rooms overlooking the adjacent fish restaurant, they are a bit noisy if y...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay in Istanbul was perfect and mainly because Acra Hotel and its staff were fantastic. Mesut and Fatih gave us all the information and help we needed. All staff were more than happy to go the extra mile to make our stay just what we wanted. Location is perfect. In the centre of all the beautiful achitecture and hustle and bustle, but in a quiet street with a range of bars and restaurants close by. Rooms were very clean and decorated nicely. Bathroom was very nice too. We will definitely stay here when we visit Istanbul again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley H
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My honey and I spent 5 nights at the Acra this July. Overall we felt that the Acra was a good choice - value and location. No complaints about the room, as well as the bathroom, clean, comfortable, location very good to the major sites and restaurants, breakfast very good. But...we can't put our finger on it...for us something was missing...maybe an overall warm feeling...a little too cold, or maybe just too many days in the same place. We had intended a second stay at the Acra, being we were returning to Istanbul in a couple of weeks, but decided to stay elsewhere - a combination of wanting something different and this feeling we had. If we had loved it we would have stayed again. For a short stay, 2-3 days, it is a good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel in the heart of Sultanahmet. The location of the hotel is excellent, as it is about a 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Cistern, and Hagia Sophia, and only a 15 minute walk from the Grand Bazaar. There are a number of good restaurants around it too. The staff is extremely nice and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet could have had more variety, but the fact that the breakfast room had the remains of a 2,000-year old Byzantine water retention system running through it made up for it. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I am hotel manager in London.It was first time in Istanbul but ı was very lucky because ı stayed Hotel Acra.Hotel was perfect.Staff,location,cleaning .....Most of historical places are walking distance from the hotel.Hotel staff was very friendly.Especially in the restaurant there is a little girl.She was very sympathetic and likable.It was my first time but wont be last time in this city.I will recommed to Acra Hotel all my friends .Thank you for everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Returning to Istanbul once more was a great pleasure and my unexpected stay in the Acra Hotel, was a lovely bonus and surprise in more ways than one.

The first thing is of course the location in the Old City, ín the district of Sultanahmet, only 5 minutes away from the Blue Mosque and the Mosaic Museum.
The tramway and metro to other destinations, as well as the Grand Bazar are only a ten minutes away.
The one place I could not visit before during all those years I was a frequent Turkey traveller, was the Basilica Palace Cistern, and yes, that is also a whole 7 minutes walk away from the Acra hotel.

Now the hotel itself. It is modern equipped, with lovely decorated rooms with the grandeur and atmosphere of the Pera Palace how I remember it from twenty years ago. Smaller of course, but then with more friendly staff, more intimate, and the perfect place to be comfortable on your own as well as to bring your family or meet up with friends. It was my first visit to this hotel but most certainly nog my last.
The staff went out of there way to make my stay a very pleasant one, and, being built on the remains of an historic place, the remains of the Byzantine Great Palace of Constantinople (also known as the Sacred Palace), which is showing especially well on the ground floor, the breakfast salon was difficult to get away from, so an excellent place to do some old fashioned long hand writing.
My laptop I only touched upstairs in my room to check my e-mail. As it is needless to say, WiFi is available as well as air-conditioned rooms and satelite TV which was just lovely in order to see a little something of the Olympics '12.

Many thanks to Özlem Hanim and her staff, and yes, I am looking forward and enjoying myself already with the idea to return soon , preferably this winter!

Room Tip: I was completely happy with my room on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CarolienGeurtsen
Astana, Kazakhstan
Reviewed August 16, 2012

First of all, I would like to mention the staff especially mesut and fatih ;-) because they made the hotel extra special. They were great hosts, helping us (my wife and me) i

The location (as most people mentioned) of the hotel is the best - very close to Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. There are a lot of restaurants on the next street so you have great options to eat out. The rooms were newly renovated, big and spacious with excellent amenities. Before going there we were afraid that the morning prayer noise might be a problem, but to our surprise it was not a problem at all. The rooms are sound proof (atleast to morning prayers). The breakfast was decent but could be improved.

Overall, this hotel is the best bang-for-the-buck. You will not find a better hotel at the price in old I
from kazakıstan