“Good View - Expensive Food”

Pierre Loti Roof Restaurant
Ranked #436 of 14,390 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hmmmmmmmm, this is not the great place I was expecting, yes, the view is good but I don't really go to a restaurant for the view & I would have to say the food was quite a dissapointment. I can't say it was terrible but when you consider the prices of the food & the very expensive drinks too you can find much better value elswhere in Sultanhamet. I had the Patlacan Kebap, a dish you can find at most Turkish restaurants & I have had far better examples of this dish for far less money. I also made the mistake of ordering a Gin & Tonic before dinner & for the price of my Gin & Tonic I could have eaten street food all day in Istanbul! Good View, Very Average Over Priced Food & Drinks!

1  Thank NawtyStupot

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nice view of Istanbul, they only serve tea and beverages so do not plan to eat there. Take the cable car up! Fun.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the many jems on our Istanbul trip, but maybe one of those who shone brightest. We checked when the weather would be best druing our stay and when the sun would set that particular day. From the roof top terrace, there's an amazing view over the waters to the west, and you see the sunset perfectly from this location. Have a drink outside on the terrace and enjoy! We were also quite lucky because we were told that this would be last day the hotel/restaurant would be open for at least 3 months because of renovation. So, if won't be open again until March/April 2013.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

It has a wonderful view and you are served great food. Definetely you get more than what you pay for. At a very easy location in Sultanahmet area.

1  Thank Omer3334
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Pierre Loti Roof Pub is place we often have our meals with my husband and friends. It is on the top floor of Pierre Loti Hotel and any guest is welcomed, you do not need to be staying at the hotel.
The food is great, and the variety of food is excellent. The staff is very friendly and they are there to make your evening more enjoyable. The service is fast, and prices are very reasonable.
In summer, they set the tables outside on the terrace and while having your dinner you can enjoy the dance of the colors of enlighted Bosphorus Bridge..
In winter the seating is indoors however you can still enjoy the beautiful view of the bridge as well as the Blue Mosque..

3  Thank Misstanbul