“Excelent !!”

The Constantine Hotel
Ranked #252 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Really nice service, nice rooms, good food... Everything was just perfect....! I would LOVE to come back to this hotel anytime :)
Close to the palace`s and short way to the centrum, what can i say, it fits me perfect :)
10 out of 10 from me :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Constantine Hotel

Reviewed September 16, 2012

...location isn't everything!

This hotel is right where it needs to be - a stones throw from all the major sights and for those that are a little further away, the tram stops just outside the front door.

The staff demonstrate the famous Turkish hospitality with much accomplishment and after a long and tiresome journey from the airport (I would recommend sorting out a private transfer on the internet in advance of arrival) this provided an excellent first impression.

We stayed in a 'deluxe' room on the ground floor. The room was a nice size-it had a spare single bed that wasn't needed, but gave us another surface to put stuff on. The room looked tired though - walls and furniture were grubby and leaned far too much towards the shabby side to get away with being shabby chic. The room was clean in the sence of daily cleanliness, but the bath was mouldy and there was a most perculiar stain on the ceiling - it looked like coffee, but how could that be the case?
The bath leaked, the jacuzzi didn't work and the bath panel had fallen off, but the water was hot - so it could have been worse. And that kind of summarises our stay - the extra's didn't work, but the basics worked as good as they could - it did the job. For example:
*The digital bit of our room safe didn't work, so they gave us a key.
*The room doors open and closed, but did so with a shove and a bang, you soon got to realise you weren't the only ones in the hotel!.
*The breakfast was OK, just enough to see you through to lunch, but it wasn't a lavish affair.
*The fridge didn't work, but the cheap cold water bought from around the corner which we put in the fridge kept our contact lense solution below 25C.

I always think the best way to rate a hotel is to ask yourself "would you stay again?". I'm affraid the answer to the Constantine would be "no". The next time we go to Istanbul (and we would just to go to the Hagia Sophia again)' we would get a detailed map off google, get the street names of all the hotels in the surrounding area and find the best one to suit my budget from that list. They too might be the same as the Contantine, but we'd be happy taking the risk.

Oh and finally here's a tip unconnected with the hotel - if you're using a shuttle bus to get back to the airport, give it a couple of hours to get to there. We were told it would take 30 minutes to get to the airport, but 45 minutes after getting on the thing, we were still driving around picking people up!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Philip T
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here for over a week with my family and we were treated so well by the staff. The breakfast was far better than any other place we stayed throughout Turkey. The rooms were clean and tidy and I actually cannot find a single thing to complain about. Everything was absolutely perfect.

I am definately going to make a mission back there some day!

THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Firstly, let me say that as a young woman travelling alone, I do not recommend other young women to do the same, I certainly won't again. The hotel staff, who were very friendly, were one of few exceptions to the poor and disconcerting treatment I received in Istanbul.

Lovely hotel staff though, helpful in every way. The room was adequate, but there was one morning that the water was switched off for about three hours. The walls are thin and you can hear the conversations from within rooms plainly in the corridor. The first night I had no top bedsheet for no apparent reason. But it is clean and affordable. The breakfast buffet is excellent, I can't recommend that enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I traveled with my hole family around many countries in Europe and we all agree this was the best hotel we've been hosted. Easy location, nice, clean and pretty good service. I honestly recommend the hotel for sure. I hope i travel back to Istanbul and definitely i would choose The Constantine Hotel again.

P.S: I also want to highlight the outstanding service that Franke Chatlgt provided to the family.Thank you for everything,
Bernardo and Family.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights in this hotel. Our plight started from the arrival as the hotel transfer guy arrived 2 hours late and then 30 minutes wait for the car to arrive!! And wait, on arrival, hotel started asking double the email -agreed transfer price for the service !!

The hotel is a cute and well located property, next to Gulhane tram station in the Sultanemet area. All major sights are just few minutes walk away.

Initially, we were given a First floor room (102) which was very hot, limited ventilation and room AC was not cooling. On request, we were promptly transferred to a 3rd floor road side room but again room AC had some problem. Till our check out they could not fix the problem and it was difficult to stay inside the room due to the prevailing warm weather. After paying 100 euros a night, that is the least you would expect!

Hotel serves some basic but good breakfast in the basement and in general reception staffs are friendly and helpful.

Stay there only for the location and if you are visiting Istanbul during cooler season.

Room Tip: Higher floor, road side rooms may be better option. Avoid 1st floor rear side rooms with poor ventil...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and it is very easy to get to all the things to see in Istanbul. It was a really comfortable room, slept so well and the breakfast was a great start to the day every morning! The hotel staff where exceptional.... Orhan particularly helpful and really looked after us!!! Thanks heaps, will definitely see you guys again next time in Istanbul!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family