Rast Hotel
  • Pool
$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$420
$121
$118
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblue mosquegrand bazaarfree massage chairshagia sophiaexcellent locationtop floorbreakfast roomrooftop restaurantwalking distanceold citytram stoppanoramic viewthe hotel staffvery pleasant stayturkeysultanahmet squaremain attractions
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Two friends and I recently visited Istanbul for a week staying at the Rast Hotel. We were picked up from the airport and delivered to the hotel without waiting at all. Our room was not ready that day so we were allocated a suite (room 501) and it was lovely to sit on the balcony where you could look out over the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, the Topkapi Palace and the Bosphorus - magical. The hotel is a little tired and could perhaps do with a refurbishment but the attention by the staff to your every need certainly makes up for it. I did not learn the names of all the staff but Sevgi and Fatma in the terrace restaurant and Happy in reception were extremely helpful and happy (if you will excuse the pun). As it was our first trip to Istanbul we had a lot of questions to ask the reception staff and they were always extremely helpful and informative. As you will see in other reviews the location could not be bettered and I would have no hesitation in either returning or recommending this hotel. I also found the atmosphere generally in Istanbul to be so relaxed and friendly. All in all a very successful holiday.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors have the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After having my reservation cancelled at another hotel and finding this one in a hurry, I must admit I was a bit mistrustful about what I was going to find, but everything was actually great!
The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast at the terrace everyday was terrific (specially the setting), location is unbeatable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Much recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Rast Hotel is centrally located in the heart of old Istanbul. my fourth trip to the town has been useful to me so we knew when the taxi driver took the road around instead straight to the hotel. little arguing before the hotel and showing the driver that we were tracking his driving on GPS was enough to lower the price he gave us.
When we entered the hotel we had completely other story. Front desk personal was really friendly. We got our room, key card and access to WI-FI in no time. We even got a map of the center of the town not asking for it. It was quite a nice experience. Bell boy brought the things to the room. It was a nice clean room, with all what you need. Although it was rather small and second floor did not have nice view to us it was not a meter of life and death. Breathtaking view you can have from the hotel restaurant on the last floor. Very romantic and special. Unfortunately we did spent only one nigh here due to the flight connections but I have to admit it was our best experience so far in Istanbul

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view to to historical sites so take those rooms if you can
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had to choose from lot of other hotels around but now i can definitely say that my choice to choose this hotel was perfect!. starting from food to service everything was fantastic and first class. employee like sevgi and fatma took good care of me and very friendly. The view from the hotel terrace was terrific!!. ramazan was one of the managers who was making sure that i get the best possible service and amenities whenever i required. Ziya ugur was at the bell desk and helped me with my luggage which was very heavy. i had the best time of my life and will definitely recommend this pace to all who wanna get his money worth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just returned from 4 night stay at the Rast Hotel. Excellent position for site seeing. Pleasant staff. Very good breakfast. If you are considering a stay in Instabul this is the hotel for you! If I return to Instanbul I would not consider looking for any other hotel as I am sure nowhere could better the Rast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple