“Lovely hotel in great location”

Hotel Darussaade Istanbul
Ranked #42 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
“Lovely hotel in great location”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you are looking for a nice, clean, quiet and simple place to stay then this hotel is great. We have stayed there twice and would definitely recommend it. The rooms are clean and well furnished (if a little fussy for my taste!) and the bathrooms are large, clean and functional. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be able to walk to the mosques and Top Kapi museum etc. The street it is on is bustling with other shops, bars and hotels so there are plenty of places to drink and eat in the evenings if you want to stay local but the hotel itself is situated at the end of this street so is very quiet. The walk to the Sultanahmet tram stop is a short one but the cobbled streets can make the wheelie suitcases tricky to handle! The breakfast is tasty and simple, not the best I have had in Turkey but certainly not the worst. Something I didn't know until the second visit was that there is a roof terrace with really nice views!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed November 13, 2013

You cannot beat this location! Clean rooms, consistent internet, helpful staff and a poppy breakfast cake that is addictive. I am so glad we stayed here. It is a wooden structure so you will hear the rolling of suitcases above you but that happens everywhere. Great value!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank orion0116
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel Darussaade is a very nice hotel with a very friendly and helpful team. We really enjoyed our 5 days in Istanbul and one reason why we had such a good time was our hotel. The view from the rooftop is great (you can also have breakfast up there if the weather is good), the dorms have a nice, old flair, are very clean and the breakfast is great. We also have to mention that everybody of the hotel-staff was soooooo nice, friendly and helpful that we felt like prince and princess while staying at Darussaade. Everybody was great, but we want to pick out our new friend Ercan: We really enjoyed his charming style and his kindness. Thank you very much Ercan!

For city-tourists who stay only a few days the hotel is a great choice because it's located in walking distance arround all the famous buildings and sights (Blue Mosque, Cystern Basilica, Hagia Sophia). Also the Tram Line #1 is located nearby which is also very useful for discovering other parts of the city. All in all we would choose this hotel again. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maldungi
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I agree with other reviewers who identify this property as charming, quaint, well located etc. That said, my expectations had been set to find a 4 star property which this is not. This property is staffed by a single person at the reception desk and a bellman. If you are expecting, as I was, a concierge and extended support staff the Darussaade does not fit the profile. You might be better suited with the Ottomon Imperial which is just a few blocks away and certainly meets the 4 star rating. On the other hand if you want a clean, bare bones, "nice room" that is well located in the old city than this is a good choice. The breakfast is very typical of a basic European breakfast with fruits, vegetables, yogurt, cheeses and breads along with coffee and tea. In a phrase the best way for me to characterize this hotel is to extend the definition and call it a "bed and breakfast" type accommodation. If this is what you are looking for then this would certainly meet that expectation.

Room Tip: We stayed in a "deluxe room" that was spacious, clean, quite and located directly over the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank santafetravelers_12
USA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

What a wonderful experience at Hotel Darussaade. From the moment I checked in, everyone was helpful, polite, and welcomed all my questions regarding navigation of the area, restaurants, attractions, transportation, etc. WiFi was free and always reliable. My room was a Single Room, double bed. Perfect for one person...Clean, Quaint, enough spaceroom for all my belongings. The hotel is in corner nook of the street, we felt very safe returning to our rooms at night. It's location is also perfect, because it's a short walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc. Breakfast is complimentary and plenty: eggs, sausage, a variety of cheeses, cakes, cookies, Nutella (!), breads, coffee, teas, etc. I highly recommend this hotel not only for its location, but also for its top notch hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2013

To be honest, I selected Hotel Darussaade because it was one of the cheaper hotels offered to be in a very reasonable travel package through Orbitz. It looked nice and had positive reviews, but that is not always a good representation of what you might expect.

From the minute I arrived, I was greeted with smiles and kind hospitality. I was given a thorough run-down of everything offered at the hotel, leaving me with no questions to ask. This is very rare and was enormously appreciated. Wifi was free and very reliable. The room was charming, cozy, clean and quiet. The hotel is in a very nice and safe area, and close to many of the major sites in Istanbul. There were even shuttles to various restaurants.

Every time my friend and I would enter or leave the hotel, we were greeted with smiles and kindness. There was never a sense that we were asking too many questions or that they didn't want to be bothered. In fact, they loved to chat with us and answer any questions we had. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and had a nice variety of items. And for my birthday, I was even surprised with a nice plate of fruit to my room. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. I will definitely be recommending it to others for years to come. Great value!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stevenlevine1
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for my first ever visit to Istanbul and loved it. It is centrally located, just a short walk from the Blue Mosque, The Cistern, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar and heaps of restaurants, although lots of them are a bit touristy in their food offerings.
The rooms are small but delightfully decorated with loads of brass and gold trim and very comfy beds; the bathrooms a pretty microscopic too. The staff (all male for some reason) are friendly, very helpful and always up for a chat or prepared to get you a cup of apple tea.
It advertises itself as a hotel and cafe, although that's a bit of a fib. There's a lovely rooftop terrace, though, which is a great spot for a drink and the breakfasts are great.
I did note that not all rooms have a kettle - a small failing.
Special note - make sure to take their hotel card out with you so that you can show cab drivers where they are as lots seemed to have trouble finding it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo