“A MUST FOR HONEYMOONERS:))”

Hotel Darussaade Istanbul
Ranked #70 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been to hotel darussade,1 month ago. it was our honeymoon, your exceptional services made our experience wonderful.

Our room was very light and colourful with a large bed. The towels were placed on the bed to look like swans with some flowers. There was a complimentary bottle of champagne in the fridge...From then on, the holiday was perfect. The staff at this place are absolutely amazing. Especially the bar staff. They all work so hard and still manage to keep smiles on thier faces (and put a smile on yours) :)

The food in the hotel is delicious with a large selection, the staff are very attentive and always ensured our wine glasses did not go empty. After a couple of days they remembered us and knew what wine we liked and had it ready for us before we even asked.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone on their honeymoon or just a holiday in general.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My review is the way to express my admiration and gratitude for people who works in Darussaade hotel. They made my staying in Istanbul wonderful. Hotel is very charming, with warm atmosphere. Professional stuff is always ready to help, so you feel yourself like home. Thanks to everybody! Especially to Omer and Tanju!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Pikdar
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before I stayed at the Hotel Darussaade in Istanbul, I spent a few days reading reviews of numerous hotels. This hotel received so many good comments and the photos were beautiful, so I decided to stay there. From arrival to departure, every moment of my experience at this hotel was superb. The front desk staff are professional and knowedgeable. The cafe was delightful, and the cafe attendant and cook were execptional. The housekeeping staff always cleaned my room with care and attention to detail. The hotel is beautifully decorated, and is located in the perfect spot for easy access to the major sights or metro line. I highly recommend this hotel. On previous trips to istanbul, I have stayed at the swisotel, the hilton, and enjoyed my visits. When i decided to switch to a boutique hotel, I had three visits to Istanbul at other boutique hotels, which left me very disatisfied, so that is why I began reading reviews on tripadvisor. The Hotel Darussaade is lovely, and I highly recommend it for a visit to Istanbul.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kathleen m
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel has perfect location to live old Istanbul..You can visit the places around Sultanahmet area (Topkapi Palace,Blue Mosque,Hagia Sophia etc..) by walking from the hotel.The beds are comfortable and relaxing..The rooms are modern oriential and clean.The building is well decorated and a wonderful sofa where you can the see the beatiful sea and city view..The Turkish breakfast are delicious and all fresh hand-made goods.I feel like I was at my home and the staff was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ona B
Reviewed March 23, 2013

After some last minute changes to my itinerary, I arrived at Darussaade at 22:00 only to have to leave at 03:00 for the airport. The staff, recognizing my fatigue and my lack of breakfast options, graciously offered to prepare me a to-go breakfast. And even scrounged up a banana despite not having one on the premises. While I can't speak to the location or surroundings given the short duration of my stay, the service went above and beyond, and was much appreciated!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Last minute booking for a trip during half term. Taxi driver from airport struggled to find hotel but once found it was a gem. In the shadow of The Blue Mosque and close to other sites such as Ayasofya, cisterns, tram stops and plenty of restaurants, all within walkable distance. Our rooms were clean and well presented with comfortables beds. My sons single room was small but had a big shower! Free wi-fi was an added bonus.

Breakfast was mainly a cold buffet but we were given freshly cooked pancakes every morning. Turkish breads and cheeses were also good with a endless supply of tea (Turkish or English) and coffee. Staff were very friendly and enjoyed chatting about local culture.

My husband had a "proper" shave at a barbers close to the hotel and loved the experience.

Yes you can hear the muezzin saying regular prayers but you don't go to Istanbul without expecting to hear this!

Having been to a number of cities where you are hassled regularly walking down the street to find a restaurant, I was surprised just how little you were pressed. If you said no politely (or that you'd already eaten), you were left alone. We went by the Tripadvisor restaurant guide for our area and it was spot on so, whilst in the main tourist area there are good restaurants and bars.

Only down side was the cost of Turkish wine but I did discover Turkish beer was good!

To sum up excellent small hotel well located to see the sites of Istanbul.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is a good choice if you want a good and relatively quiet location for your Istanbul exploration. Only takes a small amount of patience to locate it.
The hotel is small and cozy and the service is all right. I stayed 5 nights and enjoyed both a "special class" double room, and a regular and bit cramped single room. I'd definitely book special class/superior room if a next time visit.
Breakfast is served in a rather gloomy room in the basement, but the food is good, and the waiters and kitchen personell are attentive and pleasant. My pleasure after breakfast was to take a cup of coffee to the small roof top terasse to enjoy it with a beautiful view of the Bosporus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple