Hotel Darussaade Istanbul
$114
  • Pool
$117
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$118
$364
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblue mosqueold citytopkapi palacerooftop terracesultanahmet squaremain attractionswithin walking distancethe hotel staffcozy hotelturkeysingle roomreception desktourist attractionsbreakfast roomyogurtexcellent hotelhotel is situated
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel Darussaade is one of the loveliest places I've ever stayed. My first impression as I stepped into the small lobby from the cobblestone street was that of an elegant little parlor with a warm natural wood staircase leading to the upper rooms. (Of course, there is a very efficient, modern elevator.) This impression of elegance and warmth was immediately reinforced by a staff that was the friendliest of any during my trip to Turkey. Mgr. Omer Aslan was especially helpful and, indeed, assisted me in retrieving a number of important items I had left at my previous hotel. He and the other front desk staff were always eager to assist with directions, using the computer available in the lobby, and mailing post cards. The sumptuous breakfast buffet consisted of a constantly replenished array of dishes loved by us Americans, traditional Turkish mezes (small dishes of vegetables and meats that may be served at all three meals), and pastries and cookies made by the Darussaade cooks. There is always Turkish tea and, while they do not serve traditional Turkish coffee for breakfast, their version of our good old cup-o'-Joe is excellent. Lastly, the rooftop views are exquisite at sunrise, noon, or sunset.

I especially enjoyed the sunrise one morning. As a dancer, I feel inspired most by nature, and I took advantage of the fact that other guests were still asleep to dance to my heart's content with only the seagulls for an audience. I don't know which was my favorite - dancing on the roof in the shadow of the Blue Mosque as the sun rose over the Sea of Marmara, or swimming in a very cold but crystal clear blue-green Aegean Sea one afternoon in Izmir. I am thankful that I don't have to choose. I do know that, when I go back to Istanbul, I'll head straight for the Hotel Darussaade.

Room Tip: I loved our room (301), which was on the 2nd floor and looked out toward the sea, which we could see over the tiled rooftops. A great thing for me, a fresh air girl, was being able to open the windows! There were pretty lace curtains and some heavier drapes for privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank judithgaydewitt
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 9 days in July 2012. We are a family of 5, and was not very easy to find accommodations for all us in suite in the old part of the city. We had a suite on the first floor. The queen bed was very comfortable. Up a couple of steps we had a second room where our two teenagers and our 9 year old slept on a double sofa bed and a separate bed. The hotel is very well located in a tranquil corner and is within short and pleasant walk of ALL major attractions in the old city. Our teen boys felt comfortable going in and out the hotel on their own to explore the city. Public transportation is nearby if you want to venture to other places. The building is a restored handsome, Ottoman building. the interior is well appointed and the staff very courteous. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I would recommend the hotel without reservations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mariana D
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

As part of 10 days cruise trip with finish our travel in Istambul. I put the name of my review related to the location not only because it is really close to the most atractive points of interest, but because at night we had four blocks of very good restaurants to choose. The activity remains until late night. One of the things that I didnt like , which maybe the case in whatever hotel you stay in the area, is that we are so close to the first established Mosque in Istambul that the call for prayers is really loud!! But as I mention, this will be heard in every hotel as long as you are close to a Mosque.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was very impressed with this newly renovated Hotel:
- perfect location (very central for all the major old city attractions, but in a quiet alley... except for the muezzin, but this is something you have to take into consideration if you are staying in Sultanhamet)
- the rooms are nicely decorated and very clean
- the staff is nice and attentive, always willing to help and to give suggestions
- breakfast is delicious! great variety and a lot of homemade products!!
- there's free wi-fi connection in the hotel, and a PC with Internet connection for guests in the lobby

DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Darussaade. It is excellently situated to see all of the major tourist attractions in Istanbul. It is a bit of an uphill walk, but nothing major. Our room was very comfortable with well functioning a/c, comfortable beds, wireless internet and enough space for us to be comfortable. The breakfast was quite good including all the essentials to satisfy most appetites The sweets were particularly good...
The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
We would definitely stay here again when we return to Istanbul to see the sites that we missed on the first visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple