“Relaxed, friendly staff, delicious food.”

Home Made Restaurant
Ranked #4,539 of 14,052 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I enjoyed a few very tasty wholesome meals here. The staff were friendly and interested to engage in conversation with patrons. Location is excellent, on the tramline. Decor is welcoming.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were walking back after a shopping experience in the spice market and saw the special on display, so thought we would give it a try. The special was a mixed meze for 2 persons and a chicken casserole plus dessert. The Meze was excellent, the chicken was good and well cooked, we are always cautious about chicken abroad, but this was OK, dessert was so-so, what really made the experience was that our waiter used to work in one of the restaurants in Dalyan, Turkey, so a good chat was had about Dalyan which we love.
Although the food was acceptable, compared with other restaurants it was dear, but still a nice place to eat.

1  Thank JaKe2206
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Friendly Staff, Delicious Food, Nice Atmosphere.
Though the restaurant looks more stylish than others around but it is surprisingly cheaper.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had delightful turkish dinner accompanied by great turkish Chardonnay wine.
We had typical turkish dinner with meat served from clay pot and delicious turkish starter mix.

The only thing that spoiled this lovely experience was high (certainly by european standards) bill at the end of the evening.

I do not mind receiving high bill for gourmet outstanding memorable meal. This delicious meal was not gourmet neither outstanding to justify the bill.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Part 1. As I walked by, the place looked nice enough, boasted about their TripAdvisor“4 out of 5 stars” rating. I looked inside and saw that they had a “full bar”. Upon entering and ordering a drink, I found out that the “full bar” was not full enough (They did not carry the spirit of my choice). While deciding on Plan B, the manager sends someone to buy a bottle of my first choice so that I could “have what I like while I am in his restaurant”. Top notch service. They wish my review ended here, but I suspect you’ll be glad it doesn’t. I ordered dinner (the food was very good, but priced a little high for what it was). Part 2. Upon reviewing the bill, I noticed that it was much higher then what I expected. As it turns out, for that one drink, they charged me the full price of the bottle, and tried to sneak it past me. Very deceptive. Issue was only resolved when I called the tourist police. Avoid at all costs.

1  Thank mitch99999