“thanks ...”

Ranked #181 of 1,031 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“thanks ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed in Arasta Hotel last month with my friend and it was so unforgettable for us . Firstly ,thanks a lot for staff about their hospitality . In addition to that , hotel rooms are so nice, clean and very big . Location was wonderful that it faced you directly to Blue Mosque and on your right Hagia Sophia ... Summer nights on the roof makes you feel so relax and freshed by watching this fascinating view . I could recommend Arasta Hotel for every of my friend and tripadvisor members . If you need to have a best experience , you could choose there comfortly ..Thanks for Arasta Team and owner .. I'll come back next month .. Regards..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Arasta_Boutique, Owner at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Our Dearest Guest ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback . It was appreciated to take your time by sharing your experience with our future guest via on this important platform . It was our pleasure to host you in our lovely hotel . Always , we will do our best for all our guests . Looking forward to host you again .
Thank you so much .

Kindest REGARDS

Cumali BALPETEK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Excellent location,mostly walking distance to all places in Sultanahmet,friendly and helpful staff,a tiny hotel,but very cozy!! A nice little terrace with full view of the Blue Mosque and Ayasofia.For a first time,it was like home!!!!!!

Room Tip: Breakfast in-house,but plenty of choice around the area.(if your looking for bed n breakfast,a good...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Our Dearest Guest ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback . It was appreciated to take your time by sharing your experience with our future guests . It is our pleasure to see your nice statements about your recommendation for Arasta Hotel . The first aim is your contentment for all of us . Looking forward to host you again . Many thanks .

Kindest REGARDS

Cumali BALPETEK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

After spending two nights at the Arasta hotel I have come to the conclusion that all of the good reviews are fake. My experience was so bad I was inspired to write my first review of any hotel ever:

1) The room I received was different than the room I reserved. Apparently a room with a "view" means room with a "window".

2) The bathroom smelled like sewage

3) The walls and doors are made of plywood so you can hear everything. I'm a heavy sleeper and I was woken up by a sketchy group of male guests stumbling home at 5am.

4) I put the "do not disturb" sign up but they still came into my room, including when I was in it

5) I did not feel comfortable leaving any valuables in the room so I took everything with me every time I left the room

6) At $100/night the "hotel" is a complete rip off and there are much higher quality options near by

7) The construction is so shoddy, it would not be allowed to exist in the United States. The plywood will surely go up in flames in case of fire or crumble in an earthquake

8) The only redeaming part of the "hotel" is a small sorry looking terrace with a nice view of the blue mosque

9) I'm pretty easy going so I wasn't expecting much. However, after waking up at 5am to the sound of sketchy guests and the smell of raw sewage, I checked out of the hotel one day early and asked for a refund for the last night. They refused to give it to me.

DO NOT STAY AT THE ARASTA BOUTIQUE HOTEL.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank hkissinger
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent location and affordable and plus you have free breakfast.
You can ask for any help and they will be ready to do it. We had and excellent time in the hotel. You and ask for a see view room if they are available. One big minus is that this hotel do not have an elevator. But it's ez to climb the stairs and a porter will carry ur luggage.

• Stayed June 2013
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location is nearly perfect as you are situated right behind Sultan Ahmet (Blue Mosque). Surrounded by tons of cafes and restaurants (shop around as prices vary between restaurants). Right beside Arasta Bazaar, lots of shops on your way to the Grand Bazaar which is a 10-15 minute walk. 5 minute walk from train station.

Our room was super cute with a perfect view of Sultan Ahmet. Room can comfortably sleep 4.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Yusuf was probably the friendliest person I met in Turkey. Very hospitable and kind. We enjoyed his company as we waited for our Shuttle Bus back to the airport. Which brings me to my last point - this boutique hotel offers a airport shuttle bus, which I found to be rare for many of the hotels in Istanbul.

I would stay here again.

Mary.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room with a view of Sultan Ahmet (Blue Mosque).
1 Thank Mary1084
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've been in Istanbul for 4 days with two girlfriend.
The owner of the hotel was very friendly (and english-speaking) from the moment we arrived at the hotel. All the other staff, especially the a man called Yusuf, were so friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned up every day, with fresh towels, toilet paper etc. The hotel is situated right behind the blue mosque (attention: first prayer at 5 a.m.!!), so we had a wonderful view to the blue mosque from our hotel room as well as from the little breakfast terrace. You can reach the best sights (blue mosque, hagia sophia, topkapi palace, grand bazar etc.) of old city by foot in a few minutes. The Arasta bazar in front of the hotel is also a good location for buying souvenirs. The breakfast buffet was not so big but enough and very good with german and turkish food.
For every person, who is looking for a good start into the day, its a very good choice.

California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Unsafe! Andreas very helpful. Very good location--- the best thing about the hotel. Nice clean sheets, tiny bathroom, sufficient breakfast. HOWEVER, steps up to 4 th floor uneven, narrow, and triangular. Motion detector lights come on after you stumble through in the dark. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Fitness center "yok" = 'not' in Turkish, but climb up to our room was enough.
1 Thank rdyoung68