“Perfect Location”

Arasta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #278 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this little gem on my visit to Istanbul as a solo female traveller. I felt safe and comfortable at all times. The staff was very helpful in helping me plan my time during my stay. The rooms are small but clean and adequate. The location of the hotel is fantastic. You are just steps away from a bazaar, eateries, the Blue Masque, the Sophia Hagia, entertainment, and more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Arasta_Boutique, General Manager at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Arasta Boutique Hotel!

Best wishes & regards

Reviewed February 20, 2013

They hotel bedroom is a bit small but it is very clean. The location of the hotel is near to restaurant and it is just beside the Arasta Bazaar. The breakfast for me personally isnt that much maybe because it is just not my appetite. But all in all it is a good hotel with a very friendly service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Haim,

Many thanks for your kind and detailed feedback.

It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Arasta Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I spent the end of the year of 2012 in Istanbul. This is my second time in Turkey and Arasta Boutique Hotel. I stayed in the hotel with other 3 friends and we had an amazing service and stay. We booked the family room with 2 single beds and 1 double bed. The room has a decent size and modern interior. The location is the best with the mind-blowing view of Blue Mosque from our room. 24 hours shisha cafe is just 10 steps away from the hotel.

Andreas, the owner given us such a very warm welcome and was very helpful in assisting us to book the taxi, tour, and give advices. No doubt, I would say the price is worth it for the service.

I absolutely will stay in the Arasta Boutique Hotel, if I have a chance to go back to Istanbul and will recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Ms Komo,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Arasta Boutique Hotel... the staff was very helpful and friendly... the location and views from the terrace were magnificient, and the morning complimentary Turkish breakfast was delicious! Our only complaint was that our room (201 I believe) was very small... just enough to fit the Queen size bed... but other than that, we loved it here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr Omair

Thank you so much for your review ! We look forward to seeing you again at the Arasta Boutique Hotel. Take care!

Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had an amazing time at this hotel. 3of us mates checked in. And had a very warm welcoming by Andrez. The view from our bedroom looking out to the blue mosque was breath-taking. During the evening u can hear live music from the cafe which gave it a nice touch. The hotel team treated us very nicely and kind. Helped us with arranging a booking to the sufi dance show and also booked us a taxi back to the airport. If I ever visit turkey again I will defiantly be booking this hotel.
Ashar

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments have been shared with our management team. However, we are delighted that you were pleased with our value and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked this hotel very nervously after being let down when I had stayed in another a week before which was horrid. But when I arrived at this hotel I was satisfied before I even got to my room with the genuine and politeness of the staff and professional manner.
I stayed with two other friends and we were able to book a triple room with 3 beds which was great. The highlight was the view which looked directly at the Blue Mosque, it was magnificent.
The entire set up was very well layer out and everything was catered for very well.
The rooms were clean and nothing was out of place.
I am writing this review with passion due to the great service and overall experience I received.
Location location location and yes it was ideal within a few minutes walking distance of the Blue Mosque, Hagya Sophia and the Topkapi Palace.
Overall the best place to stay for a good experience, thanks to Andreas, Hussain, the other guy and lady you are great !

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Mqshiraz,

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and got to enjoy all that our hotel and Istanbul had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Best wishes & regards

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was my third time to istanbul and once again I was not disappointed. The Arasta Boutique is small hotel of maybe six rooms in the Sultanahmet neighborhood. This is a great neighborhood which is close to everything (the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Spice Market, Grand Bazaar) but generally pretty quiet. There are a couple small convenience stores (one across the street and one around the corner) where you can pick up whatever you need with very little hassle.

I've been fortunate enough to have traveled quite a bit and I usually expect a small room with an even smaller bathroom. I was quite surprised to find a good-sized room and a pretty big bathroom (with a very good shower). Even better was all the storage space! We had just come from Athens and had already accumulated a lot of loot so the extra space was appreciated - no bumping into the bed or stowed suitcases.

The room was clean and had a very modern feel. There was a mini-refrigerator and a flat-screen tv with satellite (which despite two lessons I still couldn't figure out). My only negatives about the room were the window treatments and the furniture hardware. And seriously, it they are my only negatives, it's a pretty darned good room.

I've noticed that many reviewers have recommended getting a room that looks at the Blue Mosque, but I would also recommend getting room 301 which has a balcony. You can enjoy a cocktail and watch the ships and barges move up and down the Marmara - plus the night time sky is beautiful!

We enjoyed breakfast each morning in the rooftop breakfast room. There was always a nice spread of meats, cheeses, yogurt, olives and baked goods. The woman who worked there (I can't remember her name) was very friendly and helpful.

Probably one of the best things about the hotel was its new owner Andreas. We stayed for six nights and I think there was only one time that he wasn't there. He is fluent in English, Greek and Turkish (and maybe other languages) and has his degree in Hospitality and it shows. He is very committed to this hotel and I can only see it getting better.

And a special shout out to staff member Yusef, who was never without a smile or a friendly word.

All in all, this is a great little hotel, in the perfect location, with a terrific staff.

Room Tip: I've noticed that many reviewers have recommended getting a room that looks at the Blue Mosque...