“My 6th time stay there!”
Review of Second Home Hostel

Second Home Hostel
Ranked #4 of 1,221 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
IRAN
“My 6th time stay there!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is my 2nd review written here about this hostel & honestly the staffs are very friendly and trying all their bests to provide best memories during your stay. don't reject their party suggesting which are 2 times a week and you will have more fun otherwise you'll miss it. The Sultanahmet area is the old city part and very very amazing & near to the most common historical sights.

Room Tip: If you are travelling in solo or with friends why not try dormitory to share all your experiences wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I enjoyed every minute of my time here. Hostel stuff is exceptionally warm and friendly; sometimes guests and the stuff have common dinners in the lobby and go out together. This place feels like second home indeed :)
As for the rooms, they are neat and clean, wifi is accessible everywhere, and there are two good laptops in the lobby that guests can use. You can have breakfast in the lobby until 11.30 and have Turkish tea any time. Location is convenient: walking distance from the main tourist attractions, few minutes away from tram station and from the sea and ferryboat station.

2 Thank Altynai M
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Excellent location. Very friendly Staff. Nice and quite place to be at. Tram station nearby. All places are on walking distance. For Family people, just a caution that no lift only stairs. I enjoyed my stay with my family.

Room Tip: Family Rooms with private washrooms are at top. So you have to climb the stairs with kids.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Everyone that works here is really, really nice. One problem, the chairs tend to rock. Otherwise, the experience was amazing and I would stay here again and again. The place is relaxed as well, a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Istanbul. Plus, people from everywhere just hang out and they promote a friendly group atmosphere. Needed when traveling a lot!

Asma and Omar were the best!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My friend and I experienced two types of rooms from Secondhome Hostel - the dorm and the double. Needless to say, the room was as expected from the photos displayed, despite being a little smaller. However, it was compensated by the warm and friendly people managing the place. We felt really comfortable and at ease. The location is also really convenient - tram station down the road, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern a 7 - 10 mins walk. We stayed for 3 nights, and came back another night towards the end of our trip. The place is value for money and is simple, comfortable and homely. The manager, Memo, though a little expressionless, was really helpful and patient in aiding us with our enquiries. Omar is also nice to talk to when we share about Turkey, religion and culture. Overall, Secondhome is prompt and we highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Nur S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one 2 separate nights either side of a tour in April and it was a great experience! The staff really made my stay they were so friendly and happy to help. The 4 bed room was a little cramped but very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast spread which was included. Wifi worked throughout the building and was one of the best connections I've had so far through Europe. Highly recommend booking here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Amanda_0912
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is the first time I stayed in a hostel. And what a start! I couldn't have chosen a better place than Second Home. I found it online, looked up reviews by other travellers and immediately booked a bed in their dorm. They were extremely prompt and clear in communication.

The day I stepped in, it just felt right. The place is cozy, comfortable, a short walk away from almost all attractions in Sultanahmet and extremely clean! The team that runs Second Home was very friendly and helpful. I dropped my bags off, and left for the day's tour.

When I returned in the evening, the common room was filled with traveller from all over the world, chatting away, drinking, eating and sharing stories. I joined in immediately and what a fun night that was!

I had landed in Turkey without an agenda. Memo, who manages Second Home, made a 4-day tour plan for me, that covered Cappadocia and Pamakkule. I got a fantastic deal, including bus travel, day tours, hot air balloons, stay and bus back to Istanbul. Everything was organised to the T. I had no trouble, and Memo was in touch throughout, in case I needed anything. What more could I expect?!

Thank you Second Home, and the team that runs this beautiful place. It's truly a home, away from home. I will be back for sure. Wish you guys all the luck in the world. Thank you for a remarkable experience! :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo