Second Home Hostel
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$237
$182
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$36
$420
$369
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueturkeyshared bathroomrooftop terraceother gueststurkish teaspice bazaarrooms are cleanfelt like homethe location is perfecttopkapi palacehome away from homeenjoyed my staytram stationold townmajor attractionspublic transport
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I cannot begin to describe how amazing Can and Memo are. They really made us feel welcome and facilitated the mixing and mingling among all the people in the hostel. This was my first time travelling alone, so I was a little apprehensive. But this experience was exceptional. They made sure we visited all the good spots, and helped us out whenever we needed it. I couldn't think of a better place to stay

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Thıs Hostel ıs sıtuated ın a very central locatıon for attractıons ın the 'Hıstoric peninsula' and ferrıes to the Aısan sıde. The combınatıon of the frıendly jokular staff and the small dining / coffee area means that you get a true hostel experıence with lots of ınteractıons and advice on sights to see and food to taste.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Second home hostel was clean, friendly and a wonderful place to meet other travellers. Location is perfect, 5 minutes from Sultanahmet's Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque and 1 minute to the tramway. The staff went out of their way to welcome me and make sure that Istanbul was tailored to my interests and time schedule. They organised competitively priced trips around Istanbul and were able to organise transfers and sightseeing in other cities. Breakfasts were simple, but fresh with plentiful coffee and cai. A few dinners are planned each week which is a great way to interact with other guests. Alternately, the rooftop terrace has a great speaker system, backgammon boards, hammock and shisha pipes to hang out. Very generous BYO policy and the hostel boys often joined us for nightly drinks. Really happy and involved place. I couldn't recommend it enough to a single traveller, couples or families.

1  Thank travelfiend25
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Second Home Hostel does what it says on the tin. I extended my stay in Istanbul purely because of the staff and people I met here.

The guys who run it will go out of there way to make sure that everyone feels at home and feel relaxed with the other guests. The roof top is the perfect place to chill out, with good music and shisha if you want it. Everyone sits together so you'll get to know many other interesting travelers from all around the world. They'll often get everyone together for a night out on the town too! I should point out that the hostel is located right in the center of the historic district, all the bazaars are really close by!

Can, Memo and the other staff are always happy to recommend the best places to visit or eat in Istanbul depending on what you're after.

It's hard to put into words how happy I am to have stayed here, I wish all other hostels were like this! The facilities are great, I stayed in the dorm which is clean, cool and cheap! There is free wi-fi throughout the hostel as well as laptops with internet that are free to use.

Oh, and if you're lucky they'll cook you some great Turkish Ravioli!

Room Tip: The dorm is very cheap and the beds are comfy :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I loved my stay at Second Home, in the heart of Istanbul! Memmo, John & the staff are super friendly, helpful & organised. The guys here made me feel right at home. Fantastic roof-top terrace, where you can relax with other travellers on the hammocks, cushions, enjoy some music, beers & water-pipe! The dorm rooms are extremely clean & comfortable. There is super fast wi-fi, and a yum Turkish breakfast provided. The guys here also helped us organise our bus tickets to Ecebat, and recommended places to eat, drink, shop & visit. I would highly recommend Second Home to anyone visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo