“excellent confirmation”

Ranked #255 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Florence, Italy
“excellent confirmation”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

For the third time in Istanbul and always at the Peninsula Grand Hotel and I was not disappointed. I rediscovered the pleasure of breakfast on the pleasant terrace that overlooks the Sea of ​​Marmara, a great way to start the day or relax in the afternoon after visiting the city. I rediscovered a friendly and helpful staff that made ​​me feel at ease and ready for any need. I relaxed in a comfortable room with internet access and the opportunity to prepare a tea. The hotel is in a very convenient location to start discovering the city, near the most important historical sights of the city and the tram stop which move easily.
A good place to continue to love this beautiful city...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bonuccif
gprhotel, Owner at Grand Peninsula Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
We thank you for your nice comment , We are happy to read that you enjoyed and satisfied your stay in our hotel. It is our pleasure to be able to meet and host you in our hotel.You are always welcome to our hotel and country
Sincerely
Huseyin Gultekin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
milan
Reviewed May 13, 2011

In January I booked a doubble room for the beginning of May.
When I arrived at the hotel the offered my a room some steps down the reception. When I tried to see what view I had out of the window I saw only a wall 1 meter across.
When I asked to see another room the man at the reception said me there was no other standard room avaiable. If I wanted something better I had to pay 10 € more of what was previously agreed.
I decided to leave the hotel and find a good solution nearbya at Blue Tuana Hotel.

I was obviously dissattisfied by the hotel service.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank zionorberto
gprhotel, Owner at Grand Peninsula Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
We are disinclined to agree with this review based on the fact that the customers dissatisfied experience did not even take place at our hotel. When they came to our hotel - they didnt wish to stay in the area citing trivial reasons, we even offered them an upgrage but they were unwilling to be swayed. They proceeded to a hotel down the street without mention of name whereupon they experienced the afforementioned. We do not believe we in shelving the blame in an incident to which we had no control over.
Sincerely
Huseyin Gultekin
Rennes, France
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Helpful staff, great situation (between Blue mosque ansd Hagia Sophia), near Topkapi palace. Terrace for breakfast. Quiet Hotel. Good address to spend a few days in Sultanhamet !!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jeanrie
I would like to thank you for the appraisals that you made about us. It is really good to know that you had a great stay here at our hotel. We would also love to get chance to welcome you again here in the future. Look forward to seeing you here. Warm Regards, Hüseyin Gültekin
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Our lasting memory from the hotel is by far the front desk guy Ramazan. He was incredibly nice, recommended some great places to eat, made sure we saw everything in town, and got us discounts for a boat tour. He was excited to tell us about Istanbul, the history, and even told us about his home town of Mardin, I would stay in this hotel just to hang out with Ramazan.

As for the hotel itself, it was quite lovely and a great place to stay. It was only a short walk to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sofia, and a very nice bazaar. We walked just about everywhere, including to the Grand Bazaar and Topkapi Palace. I am a runner, so I jogged down to the main road and there is a long sidewalk in between the highway and the Marmara Sea. A windy run, but very beautiful. I always felt safe walking around Istanbul, even by myself.

We had the larger of the double rooms and it was spacious. The bathroom was nice and clean and the shower was big enough to move around in. We did lose hot water at one point during the stay, but Ramazan had it fixed very quickly, he even asked why we didn't tell him about it earlier, so he could fix it quicker!

The breakfast was quite good, Greek yogurt with fruit toppings, crusty bread, honey, Turkish Nutella and other standard fare. It was served on the terrace which had a great view of the Marmara Sea and the massive boats, and from the top terrace you can see the minarets of the Blue Mosque.

Very impressed with the location and the breakfast, the rooms were what we expected (but bigger!), and the folks at the hotel were top notch. Without a doubt the reason to stay here over other places were the people at the hotel, most notably Ramazan, who was great to talk to.

7 Thank redwingsarebad
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Grand Peninsula Hotel for two days in late april. It was a lovely experience, as the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was excellent and the rooms were of a very high standard. My only problem with the hotel is the location in the Sultanahmet area, which is not a great area of Istanbul, if you like to go to bars and clubs after midnight. However, if the purpose of your stay is to take in the historical sights, then you should definitely stay here!

6 Thank truelovecph
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed in the large double room which had a lovely little balcony overlooking the Sea of Marmara. Exceptionally clean rooms, very modern. Free wi-fi in rooms. The breakfast was also exceptional, included boiled eggs, cheeses, deli meats, yogurt, olives and fresh-baked rolls. Location is perfect in the old city, only a few streets from the Blue Mosque, many restaurants close by. The owners were very helpful with all our questions. Exceptional value for this price.

7 Thank Anne154954
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I was in Istanbul to attend an international conference held in an international hotel.
From previous experience and having a few days before the conference to visit Istanbul for the first time, I chose to stay in a Turkish hotel rather than one in an international chain. It was a brilliant decision. Grand Peninsula is clean, very friendly, tasty fresh food at breakfast on a top floor terrace, pleasant room, What is more it is situated close to the Bosphorus and to the Blue Mosque, Haya Sofia and old Istanbul with the central tramway station at Sultan Ahmet just 10 minutes walk away. The staff go out of their way to help and to please, showing a genuine interest in each customer. I will recommend this hotel highly to all I know and also on this website, and will return to stay there when I go to Istanbul again. Rosalind. 7 days March/April 2011

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business