“Everything OK, if only they hadn't doublebooked!”
Review of Zagreb Hotel

Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #865 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We stayed at Zagreb hotel on August 2010 for 4 days. Everything was fine, the room, the food, the service, the reception. The location is not so good, it is a bit far from the tram station, 5 minutes walk in the mid summer sun is not easy. The taxis won't always get you where you want because of heavy traffic and one way streets.
The big problem was that they double dooked and they sent us to another hotel for the first day. Even thought the 2nd hotel was as good, it was not at all a pleasant experience. After being assured that everything was OK the second day, we returned to Zagreb hotel only to be told that they still didn't have a room for us and that we had to go to another hotel! After a rather noisy conversation they gave as a room for two (we were three) with an extra small bed just for one day, "by tomorrow everything would be OK". We took the room and next day they changed our room for a bigger one but with an extra small bed instead of a normal bed as one would expect in a triple room! Another verbal fight and they changed the bed. For all that, we were offered free access to the pool, the sauna, the turkish bath. I don't know what to think, i hope it was just bad handling of an unfortunate situation, but i won't go there again... That's too bad, the hotel deserved a better review...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank atfos

Reviewed June 27, 2010

We arrived after 2 hours transfer from the s goken airport at 10.30 pm. Good welcome at the hotel but one small problem they didnt have a room for the night even though i booked it back in feb for 8 days. Tehy took us to another hotel in a taxi but it was only 1/2 stars and not very nice. they then picked us up the next day to take us back to the zagreb and had a room for us at 9 am. We did get an upgade of free use all week of the spa and pool which saved us £160 euro so not bad really as the room only cost us £50 per night. You can use the pool for free just the spa to pay for - it is rooftop and amazing views. The breakfast was ok but coffee was terrible and no herbal teas so take your own. all in all it was a good hotel and excellent value for money plus the location was good very near the tram stop and the bottom of a small hill.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynmouth2
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The complimentary breakfast was extraordinary!! When lunch time came around i would still be full from breakfast. The people at the front desk were very helpful when my key card wouldn't work (which was just about everyday). I Didn't stop by the pool because it costed $10 (not lira) to enter in the pool area, so I stayed away from it. To enter in the hotel you have to walk up a mini spiral stair case, so the people at the desk would help with our luggage which was much needed! It wasn't overly noisy at night, and in the morning it would be virtually silent up until 10-11am. The rooms were small but I kind of expected that. They were clean. But one thing i noticed in Turkey in general is that they don't provide face towels (the little square towel). THey only provide you with a body towel (the big ones like a beach towel) and a hand towel (the long skinny ones). And I visited both Ankara and Istanbul and both hotels didn't provide face towels which i found both annoying and interesting.

Zagreb is situated right in the business district. There are a lot of stores around so I tried to walk around and go shopping but I soon became disappointed when store after store informed me that they only sold wholesale. But no worries! The Grand Bazaar is in walking distance maybe like 5-6 blocks down following the train line and If you're not sore you can even walk 5-6 blocks further down to Sultanahmet and visit Hagia Sophia and the Blue mosque and that whole little tourist area. So the location was pretty convenient for me. And i'm not the fittest person so at the end of the day, i felt like i had a full blown workout at the gym!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SarahSahn
Reviewed June 6, 2010

On my arrival I was collected at Ataturk Airport courtesy coach. I was Jet Lagged after a x12 hour flight ! On arrival the staff were the best in any Hotel I have ever stayed at.
I felt like they were family.....I even felt ok going back to see them when I ran into problems with another Hotel (the Hotel from Hell!*%$@@!@#$#% Optimist Hotel opposite the Blue Mosque).
I had a wonderful dinner, and was entertained by two musicians......one 17yr old boy,
played the Zither...terrific...
The room was c lean, handy to everything. Not noisy even though the street vendors went all night down below.
They even served me an early âm breakfast before I went to Gallipoli.

I loved the whole experience and would go again.

I had a

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank haggisMarlborough
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This hotel is really good value. Comfortable and well furnished. Rooms are small but not unduly so for such a high density city. Good breakfasts with lots of choice. Right next to the tram line.

We were stranded for 2 nights at the end of our stay because the volcano ash and the manager was SO helpful - he gave us the room for another night at the same (discount) rate and when the hotel was full the next night organised a room for us at a nice hotel over the road (again at the discount).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank IJBLondon
Reviewed April 13, 2010

During our Easter Holidays we stayed in Zagreb Hotel and enjoyed our stay very much. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, good location and excellent spa and swimming pool. Very clean.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank brytom
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This is the second hotel we stayed at, in Istanbul in the past week and couldn't have been happier. Not as close to Sultanhmet as some but is directly on the tram line and what you give up in a few tram stops, you make up for in facilities.

The rooms are modern, western style room with good beds, bathroom, carpets etc. Our room was a little on the small size but no different to a room in New York or Paris, where space is at a premium. Hot water and shower pressure were excellent as were the towels that in other parts of Turkey have been closer to sandpaper.

The pool area is really amazing and is as good as the pictures on the website. A quick dip in the pool before dinner and you can look out over the city and Sea of Mamara as the sun sets. Pool is heated in winter.

I'd have no hestitation in recommending this hotel (only one block from the Crowne Plaza)/ Plenty to see in the local area if you like shopping and cheaps eats abound.
Good buffet breakfast too.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends