“Average hotel, but great location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Airport Inn Hotel

Airport Inn Hotel
Ranked #640 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Halifax, Canada
“Average hotel, but great location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Airport Inn Hotel Yeşilköy Marina is ideally situated for travellers who don’t want to stay downtown while doing a stopover in Istanbul. The cab ride to Ataturk Airport is short and Yeşilköy is a calm, relaxing place after the hectic pace of Istanbul. While I love Istanbul as a city, sometimes I need a break from its frantic pace.

As the name suggests, the hotel is situated directly across the road from the Yeşilköy Marina, which provides pleasant views. For the small price difference, I’d suggest a sea view room. Yeşilköy itself has lots of green space along the waterside and doesn’t seem to get a lot of western tourists. Consequently, prices are lower than in Istanbul proper and strolling along through the parks provides a pleasant diversion. The hotel is not fancy, but we found it to be a clean, comfortable mid-range establishment, with a number of good fish restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The main street of the area, Istasyon Caddesi, is 10 minutes away. Should you wish to take a train into Istanbul, the journey from Yeşilköy to Sirkeci station takes about 40 minutes.

Our rooms were a good size (especially by European standards) and the en-suite showers had lots of water pressure. Windows can be opened to catch the breeze off the ocean and we found the area to be very quiet at night. I’m told that the hotel provides a pick-up service from Ataturk airport, but we didn’t have a chance to use it, owing to our having confused this hotel with the Airport Inn Boutique Hotel, where we went initially. Fortunately the two hotels are within walking distance of each other. One caution – the hotel has no lift; something to consider if you’re on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had to stay on a business trip for two weeks, and in the end insisted that I was moved.
The hotel is old, dirty, feels un-safe and the rooms are awful. I asked to be moved several times and all rooms are the same. The beds are small singles and at 6ft 2 they were not long enough or wide enough. I pushed two beds together and they could not provide me with a double sheet. Every night I woke up cold with single sheets not covering me.
I was also intimidated by the staff into eating in the hotel, when the options outside are wonderful in the local area.
If the hotel is closed and re-fitted then you may decide to give this one a try ! Good Luck.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Nobody would claim that the Airport Inn is luxurious but if you want somewhere close to the airport and in a nice lively area, you will hardly find better. Located at Yesilkoy Marina, it is small family style hotel right on the harbour at the end of a row of popular and stylish restaurants, with many more in the nearby streets. Hotel amenities reflect the modest €65 room (incl breakfast) charge but they will pick you up at the airport, there is free Wi-Fi and the location is a vast improvement over most of the other airport hotels, which are often stuck in the middle of nowhere. The only real drawback is that the area's popularity can make it a bit noisy on a summer's night but it quietens down at a reasonable hour.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerry96
Whidbey Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

For our last night in Istanbul before catching an early flight (0650) we wanted to be near the airport but not in a big chain hotel.

In spite of mixed Trip Advisor reviews, we elected to stay at this establishment, which was not a mistake. We had a nice view of the marina from our third floor room. Just around the corner is a promenade looking out to the Sea of Marma. Near by are several pricey fish restaurants.

Our room was good sized with a comfortable bed and a roomy bathroom with plenty of hot water. The night clerk drove us to the airport for TL20.

The Yesilkoy neighborhood, one of Istanbul's up scale areas, is difficult to navigate but we managed to find the hotel asking around. Parking was easy as we arrived before noon. We had to wait a while for our room, which was no big sacrifice as the lobby is comfortable and a computer with WiFi was available. Also the WiFi worked in our room.

Give it a try and you will not be disappointed if you are good sports.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the third floor. Ours was 312 .
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FromBrazil71
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We were booked here through a travel agency and I think that the agency must have made a mistake. I wonder if they meant to book us into the Airport Hotel. The Airport Inn Hotel is a completely different type of hotel and not the same quality as the other hotels on our trip. The two hotels have similar names but are completely different.

The Airport Inn Hotel was not as near the airport as I expected. They placed my children in a room on another floor across the hotel from our room even though the hotel had many empty rooms. The carpets looked like someone had glued old blankets on the floor. There was an open electrical socket with wires jutting out in contact with one of my children's beds. The bathrooms had calk falling out and did not appear clean. We did not try to use the TV, but it appeared to be from several decades ago. It had those old-fashioned dials on it.

I went back and forth from my children's room to our room several times and noticed several odd things. The doors of many of the rooms were standing open. Most of the open rooms appeared unoccupied, but one was standing open lights off and with clothing, and open suitcases on the beds. The place did not smell good. I did not feel safe there so I stayed awake all night and checked on my kids several times. I moved my son's bed away from the outlet with the wires sticking out.

The people who drove us to and from the hotel appeared to work for the hotel. They said that they were going to charge us for the trip to the airport but when I insisted on looking at their booking and asked to call the booking agency, they agreed that they were not supposed to charge us for the trip. A small bottle of water cost 4 turkish lira.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank drcwatkins
Sonoma, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Just stayed one night between flights. Happily we arrived late and left early so did not need to spend much time in room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

I am British and I was on a short trip to Istanbul with an early morning flight back to the UK so I decided to stay at a hotel near to the airport for the night before my flight.
1) The hotel is small and very average in all respect but the area (Yesilkoy, Marina of Yesilkoy) is quite good actually. Lots of posh Turkish restaurants nearby with a view of the sea. Great place to walk and spend the last night of your trip if you have an early plane to catch and you want to leave the city!
2) You can make it to Istanbul's Atatürk Airport with taxi in less than 15 minutes and that will cost you exactly 12 TL with the taximeter on. Ask the driver specifically to turn the taximeter on otherwise he will ask for 15 TL!
3) The staffs are OK and polite. The Internet is Free but slow. The Phone and the TV sets are very old and maybe from the Second World War! Room was clean but basic, and I was not satisfied with the bathroom which is small.
4) One night is going to cost you 55 Euro include the breakfast. I didn’t have time to try their breakfast but I would not expect anything especial anyway.
5) I wouldn’t recommend it for more than one night. And if you want to pay more (around 100 euro) I would say the WOW hotel is the wiser choice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business