“Great class ”
Review of Turkish Flavours

Turkish Flavours
More attraction details
Owner description: Turkish Flavours organizes culinary walks and cooking classes in Istanbul. We take visitors to a real Turkish Home on the lesser visited Asian side of Istanbul for our cooking classes. Our food walks are designed to stroll through local food markets and streets of Istanbul including stops for tastings of Turkish delicacies.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Starting the day off at the spice market was perfect because you start in the morning when it's not busy. If you come here in the afternoon or evening it's hectic.

Tasting all of the different spices and sweets was great for the palate. Great flavors. I advise you to come hungry. Taciser was a great guide showing everyone the true taste of country as well as the history of the area and bringing you into the everyday life of Istanbul.

You ride the ferry to the European side which was a nice trip with the sights and sounds of the bospherous river.

The class is better off with a smaller group making it more personal but either way your still good. The food prep is the one of the best parts because everyone is interacting and creating your dishes. Learning about the dishes we were to make as well as the produce and meat you working with quality products and you get quality taste.

Prepping the food is nice but once the smells travel throughout the room you know something good is coming. The quantity of food is more than enough and all of the knowledge you get from the class and Selin make the day a true pleasure.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"pomegranate juice"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 13, 2013

If yo are a Foodie and like to eat/cook/explore then Selin Rozanes' Turkish Flavours tour of Turkey MUST be on your bucket list. We had such a memorable, fantastic, scrumptious, enjoyable experience that words can't describe it! Not only did we get to do the sites in Istanbul, Kapadokya and the south coast but we also ate at authentic (not the touristy garbage) gourmet restaurants that served regional fare. In addition, we got hands-on cooking lessons in homes and restaurants learning how to make family recipes and of course, eating the results of our work. In the process we met some wonderful people. Turks are a warm, friendly, hospitable people and meeting them this way made us feel welcome and so much at home. We truly did not want to leave.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked two things with Turkish Flavours and were impressed with the warmth and well-planned activities. The Market Tour was led by Taciser. Her cheerful energy, enthusiasm and knowledge was very much appreciated. We were welcomed by Selin, the owner of Turkish Flavours and instructor of the cooking lesson into her well appointed home for a fabulous experience. Taking the market tour and lesson was a good idea as we used some of the ingredients we learned about. We will be able to put the ingredients we purchased into great dishes right away! We highly recommend this very authentic way to experience Turkish cuisine.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

If its your first time in Turkey I would highly recommend taking Selin's cooking class at the first opportunity. I had planned to take it at the end of my 3 weeks holiday but when Selin couldn't guarantee my preferred day I settled for a class the day after I arrived.How fortunate this turned out to be.The few hours spent in Selin's kitchen (and home) provided a wonderful introduction to both Turkish food and culture. And a bonus was finding out what was in season and where to eat and buy various foods and spices -all things I was able to put into practice over the next 3 weeks. I was lucky enough to be in the Spice Markets on my last day when I met Selin again and she invited me to join the spice tasting at Ucuzcular. Another great experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I recently participated in the food tour with Turkish Favours. I did a lot of research prior to booking the tour and felt the Turkish Flavour offered the best introduction to turkish food. We enjoyed so much Taci, our guide- she was extremely knowledgable and was wonderful walking around the market with her as our guide. We had a "spice tasting" which was delicious and she explained food culture in Turkey from breakfast, lunch and dinner. We took the ferry over to Karikoy and had a wonderful tasting lunch at a nice restaurant, Ciya. I highly recommend this tour as it was the highlight of our trip!