“Delicious Experiencr”
Review of Turkish Flavours

Turkish Flavours
More attraction details
Owner description: Turkish Flavours organizes culinary walks and cooking classes in Istanbul. We take visitors to a real Turkish Home on the lesser visited Asian side of Istanbul for our cooking classes. Our food walks are designed to stroll through local food markets and streets of Istanbul including stops for tastings of Turkish delicacies.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went for the Cooking Class with Selin. Her house is located in Nistansi one of the poshest streets in Turkey.. That alone was a sight to see. Her house is just beautiful, full on precious antiques and tiny figurines she must have collected throughout the years. We spent a lovely half hour getting to know each other (we were a group of 9).. After that she gave us each i dividual aprons and we got right to it! Selin is a pro at what she does, she makes cooking so easy that EVERYONE can whip up these turkish dishes now. She reminded me of Julia Childe, and she does love her butter! We all got to pitch in throughout the cooking, she gave us each multiple tasks to keep us busy. I shared my love of baking with her and she ever so kindly offerred that i take care of the dessert dish, that was so wonderfuly thoughtful. After cooking we all gathered around her perfectly set dining table and enjoyed our meals... I can honestly say that it was one of the yummiest meals i had! I am back home now and can't wait to impress everyone with my Turkish dishes. Kisses to Selin and yoyo (her super cute and ever so hyper pup).

Reviewed March 30, 2013

With a party of 8 guys, we had the pleasure of going on the Spice Bazaar walk and historical Kadikoy market Tour (a culinary walk on two continents -Europe & Asia!) with regional Anatolian lunch. It was the absolute high light of our trip to Istanbul, unsurpassed by cultural excursions and night life.

Our charming hostess, Taci, took us around the spice bazaar and the Kadikoy market, and gave great insight into all the wonderful foods of the Turkish cuisine. It seemed that all the shop-owners knew her, and were ready to share with her their top delicacies for us to taste. By no means an easy group to handle, Taci had us spell-bound by her knowledge of Turkish food.

Lunch was a never-ending parade of amazing tastes, and a true revelation of the Anatolian traditional cuisine.

I want to go again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I very much enjoyed the Spice Tour. We met our guide in the morning and walked thru the market a leisurely pace, stopping frequently to experience new smells and flavors. It was a true experience of Istanbul. Our guide was so very enjoyable and knowledgeable. Her english was excellent. Our college age daughters loved the various foods that we were able to try. WE also liked the journey on the ferry to the Asian side. We highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I couldn't recommend Annie's walking tour more. It was exactly the way I wanted to see Istanbul and try the local food. Remember not to eat a big lunch beforehand!

1  Thank annalouisem
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Selin was amazing. Her Turkish Flavours cooking class was one of the top highlights of our trip (I recommend it highly!). We prepared a full meal under her guidance. While we were chopping and cooking, Selin was offering tips and instructions, plus insights into Turkish culture and cuisine. It was obviously that she has perfected her instructional technique because the class was extraordinarily well orchestrated in every detail -- she knows what she is doing!! (By the way, the class was just me and my female-life-partner, so there were only two of us. The term class may be slightly misleading because it was more along the lines of personal cooking instruction.) If you're into cooking and dining, Selin is excellent resource for teaching you about Turkish spices as well as the Turkish spice palette which is much different than the American spice palette. The next day after our cooking class we had a wonderful, short tour of the Grand Bazaar with Turkish Flavours leading the way. This is essential if you're thinking about serious shopping in the Grand Bazaar. There are so many shops it is dizzying.Turkish Flavours took as to some of the best ones, those shops with quality merchandise.