“Good Stay”

Ranked #267 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
RPV, CA
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We chose the Sheraton Atakoy for its location near the airport and because we are SPG members and always stay at SPG properties when possible. We were worried based on the reviews we had read, but our stay was perfectly delightful. The rooms were big enough, clean and had comfortable beds. The towels were a bit old and worn, but otherwise the rooms were fine. Many reviews state that the staff was inattentive and in many cases rude - we did not find this at all. The staff was always helpful and very friendly. We took a taxi each day into the old town of Istanbul and needed translations for the drivers. The doormen and bell hops were always there to help and we never had any trouble getting to where we wanted to go. We had access to the Club Floor and found the breakfasts to be very good. There was a nice buffet and you could order eggs from the kitchen. The only downside to this hotel for us was that you could not stop in for a sight seeing break without a taxi ride.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Sea of Marmara and facing away from the airport.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel and for your honest feedback.

Please kindly be informed that, we are grateful for every comments that we receive from our guests only through your remarks we can see where we are and above all where we can improve, so that we are able to completely satisfy the demands of our guests.

We already forwarded your comments to the related departments and we hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

‪Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel‬ it maybe not the best hotel in Istanbul , but its one of the best
first the location , its a little bit far from taksim and city center but the there are a lot if attraction near and even more than those hotel in the center ,, there are lot of shopping centers and restaurant and coffee shops ,
the rooms and suites are have a breathtaking views over looking the sea
, they are well decorated also
the breakfast is truly 5 stars worthy
the hotel posses a magnificent large , garden with huge swimming pool
the garden its self worth the value
the staff members are friendly and helpful
all in all my stay in Sheraton was nothing but perfect
I would strongly recommend this hotel , whether you are family , friends or sweet couple

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind interest that you have shown to Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel.

Please kindly be informed that your comments are very important for us to see where we are and how to improve ourselves.

We are more than happy to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and you were satisfied with the quality of our property.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming You back in the near future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is in a lovely location, close to the airport and downtown. Superb views from the rooms, with a nice window seat in the rooms to soak it up.

Rooms are fairly small, but well appointed. Bathroom again small, but everything there you need.

Took breakfast in the Club, pretty poor choice, ordered an omelette and it never arrived after waiting around 20 minutes. Spent the morning hungry thanks to Sheraton, so not brilliant.

Used a lot of sheratons across the world and this is probably the worst one I have used, but have to say the views saved the day....waking up to that everyday is very cool....

Would I stay here again.....I guess....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments.

Please kindly be informed that we already informed the related departments about our missing points but, please accept our apologies if we caused an inconvenince.

Thank you again for choosing us, we hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in the near future.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel during our Istanbul trip. It was a fantastic hotel great, in ideal central location, closed to the airport and downtown, friendly staff , very clean well equipped with very comfortable beds. We had a great view of the Marmara Sea. Lots of shops, cafes, 3 big mall are nearby. We would recommend this hotel to anyone coming for a trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are all happy to receive your nice comments. We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again at our property.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel last week because of my buisness. I landed to Istanbul around midnight after a long fligt, As a result I was so tired. But sleeping at its wonderful bed and to see the amazing sea view in the morning with sun light,
made me
refresh. Foods were tasteful, i was afraid of getting on weight:) I also had a chance to use fitness center, swimming pool and it was free of charge!!
It was the first time at this hotel by my company arrangement, probably not the last one! I could stay only one night but hope to visit again with my family for a long one.
Thanks to whole professional and helpfull your staff

Stayed March 2014
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us and for your feedback.

We already forwarded your nice comments to the related departments, we hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in the near future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy is superb!

I had a two night stay whilst in Istanbul for business, having stayed there once before 2 years previously, which was an equally superb experience. On arrival at the hotel, I was greeted like a long lost friend, the check-in formalities were dealt with promptly, and I was in my room with my luggage within a couple of minutes. Superb. The room was delightful - tasteful and elegant, with all the amenities and functionality that one requires. The room has a open range sea facing.

During my first full day in Istanbul, I was coming and going to and from the hotel for meetings, etc, and was never interrupted by housekeeping, yet the room was always made-up or turned-down at the right time.

On my second evening, I had a magnificent dinner at CookBook Rest..

I was sorry to leave, but was helped to my car and waved off by the senior staff.

Having previosuly stayed at other hotels in Istanbul,Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy is really the best - the most friendly, the most elegant, and the most comfortable. It probably is the best city hotel in the world, and certainly the most firendly. I can't wait to return with my family!

Room Tip: All the rooms are facing the sea ...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sheraton Atakoy H, GR at Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you once again for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future again.

Kindest Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was in Istanbul for a business trip in january and had a great stay. My room was very spacious and had a fascinating sea view. I enjoyed going up to the club lounge during happy hour and was able to experiment with turkish cuisine at their authentic Sumach resturant. The service was great form start to finish. Definitely a hotel I will be staying at on my next trip to Turkey!!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We just received your nice comments and we would like to thank you for choosing us.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you in the near future.