“Superb atmosphere in here:)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Chillout Cengo Hostel
Ranked #302 of 1,235 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The staff should get more organized for the cleanliness of the dorms, but it is not that important because they have one of the best hostel atmospheres i've seen and the workers are very helpful, friendly. A real chilled out hostel with great location and a kitchen, which is a rear thing in Turkey. So its great place if you want to cook on your travels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Chillout Cengo Hostel

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Iam taking home very beautifull memories with excellent people. Stuff was vey helpfull ,rooms were clean ,location is amazing everything - is close there by foot Besiktas,Sultanahmed,Galatasaray.......I recomend to every turist in Istanbul

Room Tip: Best way is ask the stuff.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We needed a last minute room for the night and Chillout Hostel obliged us with no hassle at all. The directions on their confirmation email were easy to follow and spot on which makes a really nice change from outdated advice that some hostels offer!
The couple who run the hostel in the evenings are two of the most lovely people I have met on my travels, they made us feel so welcome and supplied us with a map and some excellent tips for the Taksim area.
The rooms are very basic - we stayed in a private double - but the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.
The price of the hostel is not the cheapest in Istanbul but well worth the couple of extra £/€ for the great atmosphere and the beautiful rakï (served with a glass of ice water and a plate of plums when in season).

Obviously as Taksim is the central night spot of Istanbul, there was some noise at night but if you stay in the party district you have to run with it and try to enjoy every minute because there really is no where else quite like it!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is awesome, especially if you want to grab a beer and hit the clubs. It is very close to the Taksim square, when you can take the funicular and the tramway to the sultanahmet area. There are many parking lots nearby, if you travel by car. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the prices are affordable. We traveled in a group of 13, and we booked a 12 bed room for one night, in august 2013. The room, the kitchen and the bathrooms were all very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is in an awesome location particularly if you want to get away from the super touristy sultanahmet. Close to taxis, cabs and the main taksim area. The rooms are average hostel rooms. However, its expensive for Istanbul ($AUD2O) we found other hostels much cheaper. And the staff are useless. The lady at reception couldn't tell us where anything was - we asked for a travel agent, post office, the best way to see Gallipoli etc and she couldn't help us with anything

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I think I was expecting great things after reading the other reviews but I was a little disappointed. I'm not a massive fan of hostels but as long as the rooms are clean I don't mind. Our room ( we has the private double with own bathroom) smelt awful. The bathroom smelt of damp and I had to hold my nose every time I went in the room. The staff were really friendly and the Location is amazing as you are right in the middle of everything. You do have a lot of stairs to reach the reception so be prepared! It dies get very noisy at night and my partner and I could not get to sleep until 5:30 am every night because of noisy groups of people outside and a fight most nights on the street. I have stayed in lots of hostels before and I have to safe this is one that has put me off staying in another one for a long time!

Room Tip: Dorms looked a little better than the private room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a great place to stay in Istanbul. Lots of great food places around here as well. My girlfriend; her brother and I stayed in a dorm room. The only issue with the dorm room is that our room connected to the attic where people stayed as well. There were a couple of weirdos up there who repeatedly came up and down in the middle of the night and complained when we had the light on in the room at 9 pm. My only issue with the hostel was the tiny kitchen. It was hard to use if anyone else was in there and there wasn't much room to eat. The staff at the hotel was helpful.

Room Tip: Buy beer outside of the hostel it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends