“Good location for Istanbul”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Chillout Cengo Hostel
Ranked #302 of 1,249 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was a great place to stay in Istanbul. Lots of great food places around here as well. My girlfriend; her brother and I stayed in a dorm room. The only issue with the dorm room is that our room connected to the attic where people stayed as well. There were a couple of weirdos up there who repeatedly came up and down in the middle of the night and complained when we had the light on in the room at 9 pm. My only issue with the hostel was the tiny kitchen. It was hard to use if anyone else was in there and there wasn't much room to eat. The staff at the hotel was helpful.

Room Tip: Buy beer outside of the hostel it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Actually I stayed in this hostel in April of 2012 with my Aussie and Kiwi mates who were taking part in ANZAC Day ceremonies in Gallipoli. Upon walking in we met a very friendly owner who was apparently running the hostel with his wife Ms.Aysha. The rooms were kept good clean and the hostel enjoys a good level of security in my view. They have got a very good common area with beautiful paintings on the wall made by Korean artists I reckon. There's a bar called with a same name close to the hostel that you could hang out with your friends. After all I had a very good stay in that hostel and the only negative point which I observed during my stay was the Sunday night which was pretty noisy outside cos the bars and clubs in Istiklal road but that was still bearable and OK!
PS: The owner have got a very beautiful little girl named Lesim whom you will absolutely love! You must take pictures with that little angle ;-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I can't recommend this hostel more. The place has a great atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. The place is kept spotless by a team of cleaners. The beds are especially clean and comfy (no cheap, lumpy mattresses).

Other big pluses are that it has free wifi (rare in Istanbul) and it is right beside one of the best supplied taxi ranks in Taksim.

I stayed here for one week when I first moved here and it's the first hostel I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am crazy about travelling, as a rule i stayed at hotels, by the way i have visited different kinds of hotels, but this one i like most of all!
The stuff is highly qualified, smiling and affable, the rooms are so cosy and clean, the owner of the hotel (Timur) finds an approach to each client, what a kind and mindful person!
Next time when i will stay at this hotel without doubts.
Thanx a lot Chillout Cengo Hostel, and personaly thanx to the owner!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

well as the title says it better if you are searching for reasonable prices a better-one hostel around Cengo Hostel may be the first one on the top list. friendly crew, above-medium cleanliness, easy-to-move-around location in istanbul, sure we will repeat our experience there, keep so lovely Cengo!!!

Room Tip: great location!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Nice Place :))
I did a one week trip in Istanbul and stayed in this place for 1 night. Was pretty cool. Not only the friendly environment, but also safety of my luggage made me feel comfortable.
I guess if somebody goes to Istanbul and wants to relax after the long rambling day around the city, this hostel could be really good shelter :))

Thanks a lot, Timur

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2013

just in the heart of Taksim, and close to all bars and clubs. also, very easy to get to old town where you can see Hagia Sopia and Blue Mosque. walking distance to Galata Tower as well.
the staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean.just chill in the lounge area and make friends! I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a budget hostel in the city center.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo