“Cool”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Chillout Cengo Hostel
Ranked #205 of 1,191 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Cracow
“Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice Place :))
I did a one week trip in Istanbul and stayed in this place for 1 night. Was pretty cool. Not only the friendly environment, but also safety of my luggage made me feel comfortable.
I guess if somebody goes to Istanbul and wants to relax after the long rambling day around the city, this hostel could be really good shelter :))

Thanks a lot, Timur

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

just in the heart of Taksim, and close to all bars and clubs. also, very easy to get to old town where you can see Hagia Sopia and Blue Mosque. walking distance to Galata Tower as well.
the staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean.just chill in the lounge area and make friends! I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a budget hostel in the city center.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you're looking for a place with a great location and friendly staff, it's a place for you. I stayed there for 5 days and I wish I could stay longer. The rooms are clean and cosy and there is a big lobby where you can hang out with some really cool people. There is also free access to the internet and computers to use and on the first floor there is an awesome swing! The staff is really relaxed and makes you feel like home, filling you up with advice of where to go and what to see or simply giving you a welcome shot of vodka (especially Timur).

I really recommend this place if you want to have a good time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chur, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went there several times to hang out, because I'm friends with the staff there and I always and will always recommend my friends who coming to Istanbul to stay there because of the location and price.

I like to hang out there because the people who stay there are cool and friendly as well. So I guess you just have to prove it yourself!

Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

this hostel has the best staff and a really lovely atmosphere. not to mention it's basically in the center of istanbul which gives you the advantage of exploring the city really easily! If you are looking for a place with nice ambition and friendly staff where you can get some helpful advices to make your stay in Istanbul better or party in the best area, Cengo is the right choice for you :)

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Loved the service quality, always very friendly and kind. I was afraid that I was going to be lost but the employees helped me out a lot, since it is a touristic place they told me the cheap places to eat and see.

Room Tip: Call Timur to ask. he knows the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ankara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed in both locations of this hostel. The first location was nice, had a great common room area and a kitchen (great opportunity to meet new and interesting people), the staff was awesome (especially Nessie), and the layout/design was really interesting. Plus, they had free computers we could use WIFI with! We would've stayed here the whole time if the heater and hot water had been working properly in the building. We ended up moving to the other location because of this. The second location was smaller and they didn't have computers you could use, but it was much warmer, the hot water worked, and it was still in a good location right off Istiklal. They also had a helpful, friendly staff and were very helpful and flexible with us considering our situation and that we only stayed the last night of our trip. The only strange thing was that the showers were on floors 3 and 4 and the toilets were on floors 1 and 2, but it was doable. Both were really chill places, and though there were some downfalls, they're definitely worth a stay for a short period of time!