“The Good, The Bad, and The Truth”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Chillout Cengo Hostel
Ranked #302 of 1,249 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here. I will never forget all of the wonderful people I met at Chill Out Cengo. That said, there were some sacrifices to be made for the wonderful friendships that I made there. The dorms were extremely hot and humid & the room I stayed in smelled like feet. There was no air conditioning or ventilation, so you must sleep with the windows open and there is very loud noise coming in from the surrounding bars at all hours of the night. I woke up one day with red bites of some sort all over my body, but I can't say for sure what they were from. Thus, I do believe that there are some cleanliness issues at Chill Out Cengo, but it is perfect for backpackers who are looking to party. The location is perfect for anyone looking for a taste of Istanbul's nightlife. The hostel has a spigot with filtered water, which saves backpackers on a budget money! The staff was friendly, but there was one small booking confusion over the beds which irritated another traveler and caused him to yell at me rather than address the issue with the staff. The common rooms are a great place to meet new friends, and you can buy cheap beers or wine from the corner store and drink in the common rooms with your new friends. Basically, Chill Out Cengo is like sleeping in a bar....in a good way! The perfect place to crash if you plan to be drunk & have no expectations of cleanliness. I know this is a super mixed review, but let's just say that my experience there was enough to overcome the annoyances.

Room Tip: Choose a dorm if you want to meet amazing people!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had mostly good time at the hostel,thanks to everyone there;will recommand people to visit cause it is located in great area,all what you looking for ull find it around
Meanwhile would like ERDEM the owner to think about the heat during summer because you dont get that perfect rest either on the rooms or the doorms when there is no air-conditioner around.
Except that everything is good at the hostel,from A to Z
Wish you all the best

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I´ve stayed at Chillout Cengo twice, both times meeting lots of interesting people and getting lots of friendly help from the staff. A really intimte hostel, perfect for travelling by yourelf

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the first hostel I have ever stayed in and I was impressed. The people who work there are extremely nice and helpful. The owner lives there with his wife and daughter, he totally took care of me when I slipped and got four stitches on my head. One of his friends is a doctor and he took care of me with no charge. The other people staying at the hostel are very friendly and some of the best people I've ever met in the world. I recommend staying in a dorm although the attic rooms are comfy but small. The hostel is secure, bathrooms clean and overall very sweet. The location is awesome and its central to everything you would need for nightlife and shopping. I will revisit my new found friends in the future - they won't let you down

Room Tip: choose any dorm because its cheaper and you meet more people, maybe the one with the balcony for you...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Some of our friends recommended this place and we couldn't be more thrilled that we stayed there. The owners and staff are extremely helpful, fun and kind. The location is great and the price is fair. Highly recommend saying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The owner and the employees here are incredible. The location is perfect. It is one block from the main street for nightlife, one block from a supermarket and one block from the tram. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2012

this place was recommendated by our friends. The location is very central, the place is clean and very friendly. the neighbourhood was lovely as well. the food places all over the area are serving delicious food.
will come back again.

Room Tip: we stayed in a double room ensuite. the six bed dorms have some spot in the attick, i would stay the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple