“Great! Loved this place!!”
Review of Aldem Hotel

Aldem Hotel
Ranked #131 of 1,081 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I planned on staying only one night (incase it was bad) but get saying "one more night" I ended up staying a week, and then another 4 or 5 nights at the end of my trip. I lovethis place because it was cute and simple, not over the top, but still nice clean rooms, good bathrooms, loved the decor, the staff was always helpful and friendly! The location was great! close to aya sofya, sultanahmet cami etc, but was off the main street so was queit. Only downfall was I kept having to walk past the restaurants to get there, but they soon got used to me not buying their food! haha.I will definitely stay here when i return! Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ruqi99

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The rooms where clean, service was also good. The best thing about the hotel was it's location; you can just walk anywhere you wish.....all the places were so nearby. I used to walk to Blue Mosque and Grand Bazar daily.

The only drawback was that room size was not so great; but other wise all facilities like hot and cold water, dryer, AC, heater, TV etc where in perfect shape. It's value for money for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ramano740
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I don't know what happened to my review of a week ago but well let me try again! On my way to Konya, I stayed one night in the beginning of December 2012 at the absolute best hotel in Istanbul! I was initially very nervous - an old woman on her own from South Africa and first time in Turkey you know:-). I had not reason to feel in any way unsafe ... not with Mohammed and his team at the Alaadin. From the moment I stepped on Alaadin soil I felt at home! Mohammed bent backwards to assist and to feel me at home. I returned 2 weeks later. I could not wait to return for my week in Istanbul, especially after not a very good hotel experience in Goreme. The Alaadin family was just wonderful - Mohammad, Zaza, Seyfi and Boss Cesim. It was indeed coming home every time I returned from my sight-seeing-trips!. No request was too big for every member of the staff and that includes the staff in the restaurant and rooms. Clean immaculate rooms await me every day. Accommodation which is highly recommended when in Istanbul! Fran L

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Fran L
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at Alaaddin Hotel for couple of days in sept. '12,

Great location - 100 mts. from tram station, 200 mts. from blue mosque

Very helpful staff - our luggage got delayed by the airline, these guys took up to themself to co-ordinate with the airline and get the luggage delivered

Delicious Breakfast buffet

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mandira S
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My sister-in-law and I stayed at the Alaaddin Hotel in May 2012 and were completely satisfied with everything. All our arrangements were made on the internet with Mohammed. He was very helpful in every way. We were met at the airport by the hotel transportation and when we went on a 5 day tour in the middle of our stay, they arranged for our transportation to and from the airport.

We started out in a room at the back but asked to be moved to the front where we could have a view of the street. They only had a room with a double bed at the time and they moved a rollaway cot in so we could each have our own bed. The rollaway was quite comfortable (not like some I have seen). It was a little noisy late at night what with the restaurants dumping bottles etc into the dumpsters across the street, but we could have closed the window which would have helped block out the noise.

The breakfast was very good and it was pleasant to sit up on the terrace in the morning eating and having our coffee while looking at the Blue Mosque and other sights.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Mohammed loaned me an extension cord for my laptop for the whole of my stay. Another of the staff came to our room to help us figure out our tv. Anytime we had any requests they were right there to help. One other thing I would like to comment on is the great water pressure in the shower. I have stayed in many places where it wasn't so good. The bathroom was a little small, but then how much room does a person need anyway. We just had to be neat with our toiletries so the little counter didn't get cluttered.

They have a cupboard down in the lobby with a selection of books which had been left behind..I made good use of it and also left a few.

All in all, we had a great stay here and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We liked the front room up higher.. The back room where we were first had a narrow window with a vie...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank pjfrmcanada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just came back from an 8 nights stay in Istanbul. I have to say two of the reasons we enjoyed the stay is because of the hospitality of staff and the centralised location of the hotel. We were quite worried when we read some nasty comments from the reviews, but we followed our gut feelings after reading the good reviews. For sure, we made the right choice. Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet tram station, Basillica Cistern and Tokapi Palace is only 5-10min walk.

The room is a bit small, but its normal for a boutique hotel. However what we compliment is the place is cozy and comfortable. We stayed at the 2nd floor of the hotel, with a nice view of a very old girl school.

For those who understands Malay, they do have Mr Mohammed who can speaks well in that language.

There are good restaurants and small cafes along the alley and hotel. Even the people along the alley was friendly after we get to know them.

For muslim, there is a small mosque across the street. One thing i have to compliment is of the staff's hospitality; on the day we checked out, i asked whether i could have prayer in the hotel as it was winter and very cold if i were to go to the mosque across the street. Without any hesitation, Mr Mohammed, lead me to a space where i could do my prayer. and for that i give him my 6th star.. haha

Thank you Alaadin Hotel, for the small piece of home away from home

Room Tip: Room 2nd floor facing the road would be best
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RossReva
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I visited Istanbul with my wife and 8 month old son in March 2011. The hotel is ideally located very close to tourist attractions. Eventhough we had a kid we didnt feel the need to take a taxi or a tram. In fact it would have been a hassle to do so. The staff are very helpful. The best part was how they welcomed and played with our son while we had breakfast.

Istanbul is a unique, wonderful and an amazing city to visit. Stay at Alaadin if you are looking for good location, reasonalbly priced but clean rooms and a friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family