“Cruise Critic Night Out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sultana's Dinner and 1001 Nights Show
Washington DC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cruise Critic Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were cruising on the Celebrity Reflection and coordinated a night out with 25 other cruise critic companions. I was able to coordinate with Sultana's quite easy and they always responded quickly and answered every question. Since we had more then 13 people they picked us up at the port and gave us a good value for our money. There were belly dancers and folk shows. At the end of the evening payment was very easy as everyone paid their own way. Transportation was waiting for us to go back to the ship. Everyone told me they had a great time and enjoyed it very much. I would recommend this excursion to everyone.

Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“At Sultanas for the 1st Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Do book directly from their website as their price is fixed and is included for hotel pick up. They are very efficient and no extra charges. My first time booking online with them was a bit apprehensive but was immediately assured that they are not the fly by night kind of place. EURO 60 for fixed menu, is ok for dinner and entertainment from 9pm till 11.30pm. Food is surprisingly good and free flow of soft drinks and beers or you can opt for 2 glasses of wine. The final dance by Diden was absolutely amazing and I am not just saying it, you really have to see to believe it. She really could get everyone all smiling and laughing and the way she teases the audience with her belly dance is absolutely funny. Be ready for a good night out in this place. I enjoyed it and so did all my friends.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank singapore2012a
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good show but not much liking the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went to Sultana on our last day in Istanbul in December as it was highly recommended by the receptionist at the hotel. The food is ok but it would be great if there is meal which is more suitable for kids. The belly dancing show was interesting and worth the money. We were very proud when the staff go an extra mile to put a flag of ourbeloved country Malaysia at the table while we are having dinner.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rafidah1972
london
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Super cheesy show and ok dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm not sure what I was expecting with this but it was super cheesy and a bit weird, some of the dancers clearly couldn't be bothered and were talking amongst themselves during the show. They were also 40 mins late to pick us up from our hotel.

The dinner itself was ok, although it was not 5 courses as advertised, (side salad is not a course) but the helva that they served was horrendous! We tried it later another one later and it was nice so it must have just been that one.

Overall it felt like we were on a cruise ship I will not going again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank emmiemoo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good bellydancing but cheesy show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I wasn't terribly disappointed by the experience but it also wasn't a must-see show. The belly dancers were talented and the show was pretty long so it's not like you get short-changed on entertainment. That said, the show is pretty cheesy. That doesn't mean that it can't be fun though. Much of the experience is dependent on the other people attending the show. My party made the mistake of attending on a Sunday night so there wasn't a big crowd and therefore less audience participation. I would imagine that nights with a larger audience are more fun as there are more personalities to interact with.

The show is fairly expensive with different reservation packages ranging from 50€-70€. The different levels have different menu choices and vary from no alcoholic drinks included to unlimited drinks. You can see the pricing on their website and make reservations from there if you choose, but we found we were able to get the same pricing when our front desk receptionist made the reservation over the phone.

Speaking of food, it's mediocre. You get plenty of food with appetizers, main course, and dessert, but you'll find better tasting food elsewhere. Also, the 70€ reservation choice includes unlimited alcoholic drinks. Their wine and beer offerings are terrible and not worth drinking. Stick to the bottled water and the soft drinks and the 50€ or 60€ package.

On the plus side, a shuttle to and from the location is included no matter what reservation choice you choose. This is especially convenient since Sultana's is located near Taksim Square which is a good distance from the Sultanahmet district where most people stay.

Depending on your interests this might be worth it for you but I don't recommend it to everyone.

Visited March 2013