Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Kaftan Hotel(Istanbul)
Avicenna Hotel(Istanbul)
Ocean's 7 Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquerooftop terraceocean viewgrand bazaarhagia sophiaold citywithin walking distanceturkeyquiet streetwould highly recommend this hotelreception deskmain attractionschoose this hotelcomfortable roomson footsultanahmetbosphorus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I mostly have positive feedback to say about this hotel. Rooms and their service was very good and clean. Breakfast was premium. Not so much variety but surely enough of variety to feel pumped up for your day (I like the sausages dish!). Location was frikkin awesome. Don't worry about it being next to the train. Never bothered me. Train does not function when sleeping time comes anyway.

The staff were very kind and helpful. They smile to us whenever we seek their help or suggestions or simply go and have a friendly chat ^^. They are not the kind that will reply to you couple of words by force if you want helpful ideas. Thanks Ugur and Gengiz from the staff :)

On the negative side, one of the staff (I do not wish to mention names) sometimes speaks out his points of view about particular cultures which can be sensitive and sometimes offensive if you find yourself to be part of that culture. Happened to me as Shia person but I kept silent and was forgiving. So be prepared if you seek for a casual chat with him. I personally found that bit not a professional act, regardless to which culture I am from. Therefore, I would have given a rating of 3.5/5 (half a point down for this reason) but there is only sharp 3 or 4 points to select from.

Ali

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at Ferman Hotel for 4 nights during our visit to Turkey in late January. It was ideally located in the tourist part of Istanbul and within walking distance to the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and the various other attractions nearby.

It was my first visit to Turkey, and the staff were very helpful in providing us information on the surrounding areas in Istanbul. They helped us with arranging tours in Istanbul, places to visit and their opening times, and even general chat on things like Turkish history, Turkish football, electronics in Turkey etc which I found very interesting.

Breakfast was served cold, but was decent. Other reviews have stated people having breakfast on the rooftop which would have been nice, but ours was the floor below. I assume this was due to the rainy and cold weather when we traveled. The hotel also provided complementary Turkish delights and orange juice in the lobby which was nice.

Our room was located on ground floor right opposite the receptionist, so it was 2 second walk if we wanted to ask them something quick. There was a train line out of the window in our room, but I can't recall anytime it disturbing us. The stay was comfortable.

Overall, I think the hotel was a great experience. The staff were extremely helpful and the price was good. Can't think of any bad points for the hotel. I would definitely recommend it to others, and if I come again and if my budget allows, I would love to stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The staff is just excellent very friendly,warm and always available to help, caring staff excellent.Thank you Mr.Serkant KAVAL (the General Manager) for help. Congratulations to the Manager and staff - this is certainly how a hotel should be run.

The location excellent just 10 steps away of all places of interest lots restaurants,Blue Mosque,Hagia Sophia,Arasta Bazaar ,Topkapi Places,Grand Bazaar,Spice Bazaar, walking distance central the old town.

The rooms were impeccable in clean and comfort.Only rooms the back have noisy because of train tracks but never it did not bothered either me or my girlfriend.

I recommend it and would like to stay there for a short holiday.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

we stayed at the ferman hotel from the 21/1 to the 24/1/13. we requested a room facing the bosphorus sea which was a great decision waking up to this view each morning was magical. the staff were very obligating to all our requests and did what ever they could to make our stay as comfortble as possible. the breakfast had a large variety for a hotel this size. the location was central to all the tourist attrctions and the rooms were large and friendly. i would gladly stay at this hotel again and have already recommended it to friends. i would love to come in the warmer weather to exeperience the rooftop terrace which was unfortunatly closed for breakfast due to the rainy weather at this time of the year.
australian resident and travel agent

Room Tip: if views are important to you request a room with a view of the bosphorus to make our stay more enjoyable. however for a larger family maybe request a suit. taxis sometimes found the hotel hard to find maybe call the hotel while with the taxi driver so they can be clearly directed to ferman hotel as there are too many one way streets and not all taxis go in to this area often.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
SERKANTKAVAL, General Manager at Ferman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Client,
Thank you for choosing Ferman Hotel for your stay in Istanbul. We are glad to host you in our hotel. Your experience is important for us. Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Ferman Hotel the next time you're in Istanbul.
Have a nice day and bussiness.
With My Best Wishes
Serkant KAVAL

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Istanbul and this is the best I have experienced. The hotel room was clean, fresh clean towels .Staff were brilliant, not pushy, just offering the right amount of help. And smartly turned out as well. We would certainly stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Dear Client,
Have a nice day and bussiness.
With My Best Wishes