“Yummy and fun”
Review of Cooking Alaturka

Cooking Alaturka
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Alaturka offers daily Turkish cooking classes, either from 10:30 to 14:30 or from 16:30 to 20:30, to groups ranging from 2 to 11 persons. You cook five authentic Turkish dishes together with other travellers, under supervision of Rocco and his Turkish chef. Our classes are hands-on and fun, as well as informative. They are suitable for both professional chefs and kitchen novices. Afterwards, enjoy your cooking efforts over lunch or dinner with some local wine. We also function as a regular lunch and dinner restaurant, offering a daily-changing four-course menu. Reservations are recommended due to limited space.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our Turkish cooking experience. The chef is hilarious and made the whole thing very much fun. We learnt lots of great recipies with the majority of ingredients available to us when we got home. The highlight of the cooking part was using a knife the size of a sword to chop herbs! Yummy :)

There are newer reviews for Cooking Alaturka

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I first visited about a year ago as a solo traveler. great way to meet people while cooking then enjoying the meal together. This time had two friends with me - learned some more great kitchen skills and tips and have some new recipes to try. A very enjoyable late afternoon and evening. It will always be a must do when I am in Istanbul. very reasonable when you consider cooking class and five course meal

1  Thank John B
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

A professionally taught turkish cooking lesson done with humour and making delicious foods. The owner and her partner are friendly and very interesting to talk to. Highly recommended evening of delicious food and convivial company.

1  Thank FromMelbourne69
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Like most of the reviewers on here my Husband and I both like to cook. We took this class to get more of a feel for the Turkish culture than to learn to cook. That said, I learned a few more ways to make things easier to prepare and cook in the kitchen. We had a great time with a fun group of people from different parts of the world all cooking together. Now I'm looking forward to preparing a Turkish meal for friends at home. Wear comfortable shoes, your standing for a while.

1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Eveline is very nice. The chef is great. I have learned to use of mint, pepper paste, onions and lemon in the Turkish way.

1  Thank Ishtarella