“Excellent , as usual” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #279 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Toronto
“Excellent , as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here in Feb 2012 and then again in Nov 2012 and the entire stay was superb.
They can improve on the overall cleanliness .But the breakfast and location are excellent.
Right outside is the market. The wonderful lights and the carpets can be purchased from there

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NadiaMustafa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Tripoli, Liban-Nord, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are looking for a clean comfortable hotel and friendly staff you came to the right place. The staff was very friendly. The dining room was very clean and the breakfast was very good also. The rooms are small but comfortable. The service was prompt. If I go back to Istanbul it will be my first choice hotel.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor of the main hotel not the annex.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Salam M
Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I travelled to Turkey to run an Ultramarathon from Dalaman to Antalya. I needed a place to stay in Istanbul upon arrival and departure. I went online and chose a random site and ended up being attracted to the pictures on the site. I made my booking without really knowing if it would be a good spot or not, I was in a hurry to book. Well what a choice, from my hotel balcony I had a great view of the Bosphorous. On the roof deck, a great view on my left of the Blue Mosque and on the right Hagia Sophia, behind me the Bosphorus...all very close. Many other great historical sites within walking distance, a great selection of restaurants nearby.
The staff were very freindly and helpful. There is coin operated, cheap internet access downstairs. I would return anyday to this hotel and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bosphorus or the Blue Mosque, both views great. You can also arrange pick up a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark A
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Avoid this hotel if you want to have a good night's sleep and comfortable stay. I was sick from the mold in my room. The air conditioner did not work and shower leaked water. The locatin is good. The resturant staff is wonderful but the front desk folks do not seem to care.

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank usasmith
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed this hotel for 3 days for my 1st anniversary of our wedding.
If you consider to reservation this hotel via travel agency(on-line, off-line), you should change your mind. this hotel differentiate customer service with travel agency guest and their homepage reservation guest, not price. (for example, they offer free shuttle service if stay 4 consecuvite days but travel agency customers do not.)
In my case, I reserved deluxe room, but they assigned basement small suite(they said it's suite, but not that better). So, we have to open our room to the pedestrians all around clock and cover wetted blanket. I DON'T wanna big room and even DON'T wanna basement, but they said they don't have the room and full booked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The central location of Armagrandi Spina and the helpfulness of reception staff couldn't be faulted. We stayed there 5 nights at the beginning of September 2012. What was disappointing was our so-called 'superior room' which was small, basic, had one bedside table, flimsy curtains letting in the early morning light, and had no tea / coffee-making facilities. These might not be essential - and it didn't spoil our enjoyment of Istanbul - but it wasn't a cheap place to stay. We expected better. Breakfast, I have to say, was the most uninspiring I've ever come across - not something to look forward to in the morning. We were so pleased to leave for Cirali on the Mediterranean coast. Quite a different experience!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim E
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience in recent memory.

We booked a 4 night stay thru Hotels.com for the last leg of our honeymoon in Turkey. The hotel had decent reviews and was located in a great area for site seeing.

We got to our hotel at 11pm and were "greeted" by a portly gray haired receptionist who obviously didn't want to be there and showed us little to no customer service. Going to our room we noticed several areas in the ceiling with water damage and our room was an even bigger disappointment. Trash on the floor, wall paper peeling and lots of MOLD in the bathroom. I emailed Kadir, the hotel manager, immediately and spoke to the portly receptionist, who must have forgotten how to speak English in the 5 minutes we were in the room to the time I went back down to the front desk. Unable to change us to a different room.

Kadir didn't respond to my email.

In my email, I explained we were going on a tour at 8:30am and would resolution to this issue before we leave. He didn't respond nor was it resolved.

Returned from our full day tour at 7pm and the portly gray haired receptionist was stationed back at the front desk. I explained the I emailed Kadir and wanted a new room. Fast forward 2 minutes of explaining how angry I am and how angry I will get --> I had Kadir on the phone and was told the portly gray haired receptionist will show me another room. Great?!?!

MORE MOLD!!!!!!

We checked out the next morning and demanded a refund for the 2 remaining days we were booked in this health department nightmare.

Lon story short, Kadir Kilich showed my new wife and I zero customer service, explained 10k people stay at his hotel a year and no one complains and would not refund any money.

I have since disputed the charge with my credit card company and they are in agreement that health and safety are reasonable reasons not to stay and that the hotel should have refunded the unused nights.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. MOLD lots of MOLD
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple