“avoid”

Armagrandi Spina Istanbul
Ranked #325 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Avoid this hotel if you want to have a good night's sleep and comfortable stay. I was sick from the mold in my room. The air conditioner did not work and shower leaked water. The locatin is good. The resturant staff is wonderful but the front desk folks do not seem to care.

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank usasmith

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed this hotel for 3 days for my 1st anniversary of our wedding.
If you consider to reservation this hotel via travel agency(on-line, off-line), you should change your mind. this hotel differentiate customer service with travel agency guest and their homepage reservation guest, not price. (for example, they offer free shuttle service if stay 4 consecuvite days but travel agency customers do not.)
In my case, I reserved deluxe room, but they assigned basement small suite(they said it's suite, but not that better). So, we have to open our room to the pedestrians all around clock and cover wetted blanket. I DON'T wanna big room and even DON'T wanna basement, but they said they don't have the room and full booked.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The central location of Armagrandi Spina and the helpfulness of reception staff couldn't be faulted. We stayed there 5 nights at the beginning of September 2012. What was disappointing was our so-called 'superior room' which was small, basic, had one bedside table, flimsy curtains letting in the early morning light, and had no tea / coffee-making facilities. These might not be essential - and it didn't spoil our enjoyment of Istanbul - but it wasn't a cheap place to stay. We expected better. Breakfast, I have to say, was the most uninspiring I've ever come across - not something to look forward to in the morning. We were so pleased to leave for Cirali on the Mediterranean coast. Quite a different experience!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim E
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience in recent memory.

We booked a 4 night stay thru Hotels.com for the last leg of our honeymoon in Turkey. The hotel had decent reviews and was located in a great area for site seeing.

We got to our hotel at 11pm and were "greeted" by a portly gray haired receptionist who obviously didn't want to be there and showed us little to no customer service. Going to our room we noticed several areas in the ceiling with water damage and our room was an even bigger disappointment. Trash on the floor, wall paper peeling and lots of MOLD in the bathroom. I emailed Kadir, the hotel manager, immediately and spoke to the portly receptionist, who must have forgotten how to speak English in the 5 minutes we were in the room to the time I went back down to the front desk. Unable to change us to a different room.

Kadir didn't respond to my email.

In my email, I explained we were going on a tour at 8:30am and would resolution to this issue before we leave. He didn't respond nor was it resolved.

Returned from our full day tour at 7pm and the portly gray haired receptionist was stationed back at the front desk. I explained the I emailed Kadir and wanted a new room. Fast forward 2 minutes of explaining how angry I am and how angry I will get --> I had Kadir on the phone and was told the portly gray haired receptionist will show me another room. Great?!?!

MORE MOLD!!!!!!

We checked out the next morning and demanded a refund for the 2 remaining days we were booked in this health department nightmare.

Lon story short, Kadir Kilich showed my new wife and I zero customer service, explained 10k people stay at his hotel a year and no one complains and would not refund any money.

I have since disputed the charge with my credit card company and they are in agreement that health and safety are reasonable reasons not to stay and that the hotel should have refunded the unused nights.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. MOLD lots of MOLD
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ADluvsDD
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed four nights at the Armagrandi. The hotel manager and staff were one of the most polite and accommodating people that you could ever come across. We had lost baggage on our way in and were without them for 3 days, The hotel manager took us to the airport and helped us recover our bags after trying to call for over 3 days. The location of this property is unbelievable. It is right next to the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, and the Topkapi Palace. The Galata bridge is a 15 minute walk and so is the Grand Bazar. There are numerous eating places within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and large by European standards. The roof top has an incredible panoramic view of the Mosques, the Sea of Marmara, the Bosphorus, the Asian part of Istanbul. The roof top is incredibly quite and you could have it to yourself almost any time of the day and night. The breakfast was very good and gets you started very well for the day. The cost of the stay was extremely reasonable for the quality of the hotel. The hotel is also right next to the Four Seasons Hotel, which also gives the reader an idea about the quality of the location.

Room Tip: We stayed in the third floor. The higher floors facing the Mosque have better views. The hotel is...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tarun S
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stayed at the Armagrandi Spina in June 2012 The hotel is situated steps away from the Blue Mosque and Ayasofya on a quiet street. Excellent location for the historic sites, restaurants, minutes away from the tram. The hotel staff are FANTASTIC. Incredibly helpful, kind, gracious. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The airline lost our bags for four days. The hotel staff spoke to them on our behalf every day and the Manager, Kadir, accompanied us to the airport to retrieve our bags. We have stayed in many hotels but never had this type of incredible service and attention. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel! The breakfast was fabulous!

Room Tip: We had two rooms - one in the back and one in the front. Both were quiet. You are close enough to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank USA R
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Arrived over the Xmas break to Sultanahmet Istanbul. They changed our room after one night and then wanted to change us again but we resisted and in the end received the penthouse suite. Truly a wonderful stay, average but good breakfast buffet and we were between the two greatest monuments in Istanbul-the Aya Sofia & the Blue Mosque. Will return to the same hotel and were enchanted by the city. Enjoyed the hotel after a shaky start we settled into a vey nice situation. Good to communicate.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple