We spent 5 nights in the garden apartment at ground floor. The complimentary pick up was useful as it might have been difficult to locate the hotel otherwise. We were met by Burhan who was very helpful and explained us how to get around. The location is unbeatable as all the major sights are 5 minutes away, the tram station (cemberlitas) was 5 minutes walk as well. Many basic grocery shops nearby and the welcome wine, bread, fruits was much appreciated. Basic kitchen utensils, oil, salt, sugar, coffee,tea, milk were also available when we checked in.
The apartment itself was perfect size for our family of 4. Lovely open kitchen, patio and small garden was nice place to relax on warmer days. There is no washing machine but around the corner a laundry service is available.
The only thing that keeps me from giving excellent rating is that few things went missing from the apartment (a face cream and adaptor plugs) and we suspect it happened on one of the cleaning days(every alternate day). So take care to lock up anything of value to you. The cleaning ladies also don't do the beds which I would consider as basic housekeeping.
All in all very reasonable and we would definitely recommend this place to any family wishing to holiday in istanbul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ISTANBUL SUITE HOME is located at the very heart of Istanbul's Old City part, Sultanahmet that is surrounded by most of the historical sites and attractions, museums, churches, mosques, antique bazaars and basilica cisterns etc. The building has 5 stories consisting of 1 individual apartment flat on each story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Istanbul Amedros Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Istanbul Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Istanbul