IstanbulSuiteHome.com is in old Istanbul, less than a 5 minute walk from the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and the main street with tram station. This is an apartment with full kitchen, one bathroom, two separate bedrooms with two (joined) single (US=twin) beds in each room, large closets and opening windows. A hide-a-bed is in the livingroom, so could potentially sleep six. One large bathroom with shower. The usual bin (emptied daily) for toilet paper, which is the case throughout Istanbul.
The kitchen has clean and new appliances and furniture (IKEA!); livingroom has two couches, fresh plants, TV, etc. We stayed on the second floor. There is a roof deck fully appointed with mini kitchen and an outer deck with patio furniture - all with a beautiful view over the Sea of Marmara.
Don't be concerned about the area, which looks a little run down. It seems perfectly safe and there is a live in caretaker - lovely person but minimal English. Apartment building itself is securely locked. There are two grocery/green grocery stores open long hours across the street which is convenient, and there are a number of places to buy prepared meals nearby (eat on the roof top with the sunset!),. Nice bonus for longer stays is a reliable airport pickup-delivery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ISTANBUL SUITE HOME is located at the very heart of Istanbul's Old City part, Sultanahmet that is surrounded by most of the historical sites and attractions, museums, churches, mosques, antique bazaars and basilica cisterns etc. The building has 5 stories consisting of 1 individual apartment flat on each story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Istanbul Amedros Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Istanbul Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Hotel Istanbul
- Suite Home Istanbul