“A definite find ... my new home in Istanbul !”

Istanbul Amedros Home
Ranked #25 of 1,191 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
New York City
“A definite find ... my new home in Istanbul !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I planned a five-night trip to Istanbul in March and wanted to be in the heart of the tourist area to take in all the sites and do some serious carpet shopping. While there are tons of little hotels in the area, I always prefer to rent an apartment and from the reviews on the net I was encourage that this was the right place... and I was not disappointed - Istanbul Suite Homes was the PERFECT answer.

I selected the top floor apartment (#5) and it was totally worth the climb up the stairs (actually only 3 flights) because in the morning I woke up to a breath-taking view of the sea spread before me. I loved listening to the "call to prayer" as the apartment is nestled not too far from two mosques.

The unit was quite modern and felt clean. It has everything you need for a short stay - I was so tired at night from carpet shopping that I often ate dinner at home. It was fun having extra space and not feeling cramped.

The staff was very concerned that I was happy - they were there to welcome me and show me how everything worked. They held onto my luggage while I went off to Cappadocia so I was able to retrieve it on my return.

From a value point of view this is a great deal if you need two bedrooms. I was on my own, but decided to treat myself because you only live once... I did have friends come by for drinks - and they were quite impressed.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Istanbul - and consider it my new home!

PS>>> I did NOT find the big carpet I was looking for, but had a great deal of fun searching, I think I actually tired out the carpet sales people.

Room Tip: The top floor unit #5 is worth the few extra dollars and the walk up... go for it!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank DianeAngelaDrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My daughter and I spent 9 nights in Istanbul and booked this apartment (Apartment 3) as we were able to have the space of a bedroom each. We arrived after dark with the complimentary transfer from Istanbul's second airport, on the Asian side of the city. It was lovely to have someone waiting at the airport to help us with our bags etc.
Our initial impression after driving through the narrow streets of Sultanahmet was that it was down a small dark street and I wondered if I had made a mistake in staying here. We were met at the apartment by Burhan and he marked the map with a route to the main street and assured us it was safe for us to walk around the area. Sure enough after a 5 minute walk we arrived on one of the main thoroughfares (Divan Yolu) which has a tram service running along it. Along here we could easily walk to the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace and easily catch the tram to the Spice Bazaar and over the Golden Horn to Taksim and the Dolmabahce Palace. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from and we really enjoyed having the space of the apartment to return to each evening.
There was free WiFi internet available, as well as the welcome pack that meant we could manage breakfast without any problem the next day. There is a small store at the end of the street where you can buy fresh bread each day for the amazing price of 50 TL (approx 25c Australian) as well as some basic fruit and veg.
Our only reservation about the apartment was the quality of the curtains. There are street lights just outside the bedrooms and the rooms remain quite bright through the night, as the curtains are quite basic. My daughter ended up buying some bull dog clips and using one of the bedspreads over her windows so she could sleep. There is a nearby mosque (with loud speaker) so light sleepers may find the early morning call to prayer a little disturbing however it did not wake us after the first morning, and this is really part of the experience of Istanbul.There is no laundry facility in the apartment, but a large sink does well for hand washing clothes.
The roof top terrace is very well set up and during the warmer months I would think would be very popular with a fantastic view. On our last day the sun came out and the terrace was fabulous.
When booking tours that include pick up from hotels, none of the agents know this apartment, however there is a hotel next door called the Blue Istanbul Hotel and we gave this as our pick up address, and waited outside.
The value of the apartment with only 2 people is OK- similar to a reasonable hotel, (with a lot more space) but I think for a family of 4, it would be pretty much unbeatable value.
On the whole I would strongly recommend this apartment, especially for longer stays in Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JKAT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I go to Istanbul every year and usually stay in a hotel. As my last trip was a fairly long one I decided to rent an apartment so that I would have more space and it was the best decision I made. The apartment I stayed in (number 2) was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was well-furnished, comfortable, clean and spacious. The apartments are very well located in Sultanahmet and are within walking distance to all of the main sites (many of them just a 5 minute walk away) and to a tram stop. The tea, coffee, bread, wine and other basics provided by the owners were very much appreciated and a very welcoming touch. I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else when in Istanbul. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank MJ0606
Carboneras, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Istanbul Suite Home really lives up to its name. It is sweet, indeed, but also well designed and fully equipped, comfortable, spacious, and in an excellent location (but in a quiet street). We found lots of welcoming details (fresh tea brewing, cheese, bread, fruit), and a well-disposed and efficient English-speaking staff. It was a joy to return home every day. We can't think of a better place to stay when we return. Excellent value overall.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susana T
Oceanside, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at the Istanbul suite home aparts. This place is fabulous! The location is good, very near the major sites, and the apart was spacious, and beautifully decorated, with nice welcoming details such as fruit, bread, cheese and tea awaiting us! The kitchen and bathroom were very functional. In addition to having access to the large rooftop terrace, the one bedroom on the ground level also had its own private patio. This apart was an oasis in the city, and felt like home! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank kjanatpour
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

We have stayed 6 days at İstanbul suite home aparts and it was the best acommodattion,impecably clean,perfect location.It was realy nice to recieve us with fruite,chocalate and WINE..Free wi-fi was very useful allover the apartment,even on terrace with amazing seaview.Service staff were very friendly and helpfull during our stay
Thank you very much for all.We highly recommend İstanbul suite home aparts to everyone.
Vale,jany y Gaby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank VALES F
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Fantastic location . The hotel is close to restaurants, bars and a short walk to major sights. Very friendly staff who speak English if needed. Excellent apartment with amazing seaview and a lot space for a great comfort.We would stay there again and would highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family