“I wouldn't choose another hostel in Istanbul and will recommend it to my friends”

Chambers of the Boheme
Ranked #465 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've stayed five nights in the hostel and enjoyed everything about the hostel.
I was travelling with my best friend and we were both absolutely happy that we chose that hostel.
By the way, this hostel was recommended by another friend of mine to me as well.
I've been to various hostels and have slept in a dorm with a lot of people already but I must say that the chambers of the boheme were the dorms with the most luxury I've seen at a very fair price (own BIG locker, nice beds and two clean bathrooms and showers right next your bed). The perfect place for backpackers!
If you want to enjoy your trip to Istanbul in a nice hostel with friendly people, a perfect location being very close to the Taksim square, you know now where to go.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judith2013

Reviewed November 7, 2012

clean,cheap,good people,in the downtown ,tea and coffee free all the time....sure i will visit istanbul (insha allah) again and i will stay in the same hostel..........

normal room but clean ,internet free ..but not inside the room,the owner very helpful....
close to taksim square,near to the bus station

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days it was good I like the staff but I don't like the German guy he work in resption total bad I hate him he is like feeling he is self the hotel it he's .
After I stayed 3 days I went traveling other city's for 2 weeks when I back to Istanbul I still have 2 days in Istanbul to fly back home .
I get in Istanbul about 9 clock morning taking night bus from olimpos so when I get in the hotel I find the German guy I ask him can I check in now he say you have to wait till some one check out I sayed yes sure .
That I waited like 12 clock and a lot of travelers they check out that I ask him again can I check in he say no you can't check in now you have to wait till 1 clock than I told him why do I have to wait anther one hour and rooms are ready than he say sorry u can't than I say ok sorry I will go to other place .
What I wanna told you about that place I love the other staff are very friendly and locate very good
But the German guy and the boss ahemad don't Like them
Ahemad he try to sall you a trip with expntive price . So if you decide to travel to other city's in turkey try to do it by your Owen self if you join ahemad trip you well pay to much more than you go by your self he charge me 220 erou for the blue course trip but I went there by my self and make it just 150 erou

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Waj1990
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the hostel for a total of 5 nights with 3 other friends. We stayed in 2 different rooms during our stay because we left for other cities in the middle. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Our first room had 4 beds but we had to use a shared washroom and bathroom. The shared washrooms are quite tiny. The beds are clean and sturdy. Our second room had 5 beds and an bathroom, which was much roomier than the shared ones.

The hostel is located on the Istiklal Avenue which is constantly busy. It has the best shops, restaurants, bars and clubs. It is close to Taksim Square which has a Metro station, bus stops and tons of taxis.

Ahmet was extremely helpful in arranging tours, accommodations and transportations for us even in other Turkish cities like Pamukkale and Selcuk (Ephesus). His arrangement saved us time and money if we were to plan those cities on our own.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kay_Elle_32
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As many other reviewers have mentioned, this hostel is perfectly located in the heart of beyoglu, seconds of walk away into the famous istiklal cad. The staffs were cool and helpful, and the rooms are cleaned daily. Beware though that if you are looking for a quiet sleep, it may not happen (especially during weekend) as this place is surrounded by cafes and bars that plays music until very late. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay in the 12-bed dorm.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vikra I
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hostel was perfectly located, clean, well organised and run by very friendly helpful staff. Would definantly recommend it! Great value for money at 15 euros for a bed in four bedroom room. Was a great place top stay to explore an exciting city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very good location, friendly stuff,basic rooms and service,relatively clean premises.
No alcohol drinking allowed inside,breakfast could be nice addition(currently not available).Mostly loudly place .

• Stayed: August 2012