“Living in real Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sinbad Hostel

Sinbad Hostel
Ranked #562 of 1,191 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Living in real Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I have made more than 25 trips to Turkey and for the last 8 or so visits to Istanbul I have stayed in the Sinbad Hostel. The location is perfect... close to the tram, in the historic Old City and yet far enough away from from the flood of backpackers hostels that you will be living among real local people! Is`nt that why we travel? Every year I stay i Sinbad I have seen improvements in the comfort, facilities and decoration. The friendleness and good service remain the same! I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ssss293974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

When I was looking for new accomodatıon ın Istanbul Sinbad was reccomended.. I am so pleased that I took up that reccomendation. They were courteous and helpful and I was made to feel so welcome. I was only going to stay a few days but ended up staying a week and then coming back again for a couple of days before I left Turkey.
The hostel is so handy to all the major sights and restuarants. The rooms and bathrooms are kept spotless. One of my favourite things at the hostel is breakfast which is included. Best of all breakfast is served on the roof terrace with a wonderful view out to the sea.
Nothing seems too much trouble and the staff are friendly and helpful at all times.
If you are looking for good hostel accommodation in Istanbul I would reccomend Sinbad. They will help make your stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Kiwistanbul
Chestnut27
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

We arrived there and we couldn't check in yet so the guy (a shaved head man) welcomed us and asked us to deposit our bags. He was very nice and spoke english fluently.

The place was very clean. Breakfast was really simple but good (black olives, white bread, cheeze and butter/jam) you can have as much bread as you want!

The problem is the shower, it is very hot in Istanbul so we didn't mind, but sometimes you couldn't get any hot water... that's the only problem!

Very easy to meet new people and hang out with them. We would sit on the outside bench and play chess with strangers. Very cool!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple