“Favorite in Cihangir”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent five nights in the Cihangir neighborhood of Istanbul, and have had several really good meals at different restaurants. On our last night we chose a repeat: Kahvedan, because for us it has the whole package... food, service, atmosphere, and value.
Kahvedan's outdoor tables are on the side street, so you get relative solitude but also the great people watching of the main street (it's on a corner). The place is small so the one waiter can handle all the tables easily, providing good service. The food is excellent. It is the only place we ate on a 5+ week trip that served generous-sized salads with top notch ingredients. My wife had a spicy penne pasta both times we ate there; I had their Pad-Thai one night and daily soup the other. Every dish was delicious and, judged by the clientele, the locals agree. Finally, the prices are just right. For a meal of two salads, two entrees, and sparkling water, the bill came to a little over $40US.
If we lived in Cihangir I am certain Kahvedan would be one of our go-to restaurants.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here last night and this was exactly the type of place I was looking for: Cozy, Outdoor seating, (Good) wine (I tried their Cabernet by the glass), VERY good food (I had the beef Bodrum style, with Yogurt and my friend had Thai beef), decent Service and good price for the overall package.

Highly recommended as a meal, wine or chill out spot. They managed to create an very enjoyable ambiance.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We ate breakfast here several days while in Istanbul. The food was delicious and the presentation was just artful. There is indoor and outdoor seating and we did both. There were people here all day and evening so I would guess the rest of the menu is as delicious as the breakfast was. It's probably not worth a trip to the area just to eat here, but if you are staying near Cihangir, I think you would enjoy it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Kahvedan can be found in cihangir, a nice neighbourhood, best to be approached from istlikal caddesi ( for example by entering the street opposite the MAC makeup store), otherwise you have to climb some very steep streets or get lost. It is a small restaurant with terrace in a nice street facing other restaurants and terraces. The food was good and the service friendly. Very nice music. On a sunny day you can easily stay there for hours, like we did.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a delicious breakfast here while in Istanbul. This cafe is on a nice street in the cihangir neighborhood. Friendly staff, free wifi, great tea and coffee.