“Perfect”
Review of Tomtom Suites

Tomtom Suites
Ranked #12 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hotel was very nice!! Great food and prompt service! Nurel the general manager was such a great help! Spoke English well and gave us great places to see and good directions also recommended great dinner places and made reservations! All around wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cwyman
There are newer reviews for Tomtom Suites

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I just returned from my 4th stay at the Tomtom Suites and every time we go it gets better. The rooms are large and comfortable, the breakfast is great with a fantastic view, the location is superb but most of all the staff are amazing. They are informative, friendly and go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. I mentioned that my daughter liked strawberries and they brought a bowl of them to our room for her. I travel through Istanbul once a year or so and I won't stay in any other hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Intrepids
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I read each review for the Tomtom Suites before booking this hotel for our Istanbul vacation, and I can assure you that all of the wonderful things you read are true. It is a beautiful hotel, with an excellent staff that goes above and beyond to provide you with the highest level of service. I would like to say that ALL of the staff is first rate before I move on to my next comments.

Everyone mentions Nural, and it's for good reason. We started our contact with Nural from NYC, and he was always very responsive and helpful with everything from restaurant reservations we could not secure by email, recommendations for other great restaurants, having our fast pass museums cards and transportation card ready at the hotel, and securing a private all day guide for us at a reasonable rate for our first whole day. These are the things he did before our arrival, which made us feel more at ease. I was kind of surprised to read from a previous reviewer that they were not a fan of his hand drawn maps. I have included an image of one of these maps he drew for us that included boat schedules, and lots of detail that would be easy to show to pretty much any local on the street or in a shop, should we get turned around. If you take a look at the map image I posted, you will see that it is for our specific plans for the evening, and is pretty fool proof. I found Nural's maps not only helpful, but very unique and charming. Should you wish, the hotel also has many different traditional tourist maps and they are always eager to give you as much help and information as you require. In addition to an excellent front desk staff, the wait staff at Nicole, the behind the scene staff, and the housekeeping staff are all top notch. We tend to be tippers, and I am sure that helps, but there is a truly genuine feeling from the staff at Tomtom, we were very impressed overall.

We stayed in room 22 and we loved it. It is spacious, with plenty of wardrobe space to put things properly away to feel more settled, and a large, luxe, marble bathroom with good water pressure. The bed is very comfortable, the linens and towels are plentiful and of high quality, there is a good size mini-fridge that has a lot of purchase options and plenty of extra space to put your own things in as well. They provide you with two bottles of fresh water each day and turndown service chocolates; requests for things like ice (an always must have for us) or a pot of coffee were handled quickly, which we appreciated. I have no complaints at all, but, if I could improve on things, I would have liked to have had a more traditional hotel blackout option on the window treatments (we tend to be night people) and as someone else mentioned, the lighting in the bathroom is not great, especially for women. Very tall ceilings with overhead spotlights tend to cast a lot of shadows from above, making putting on makeup challenging. They do have a makeup mirror, but it's rather useless, it lights up fluorescent purple, which I did not understand at all? I ended up just using the full length mirrors on the wardrobe to apply makeup by daylight, and it was totally fine. We loved our room, and would choose it again.

While we stayed at Tomtom nine nights, we only took advantage of the complimentary breakfast a few times... night people, dreaming of blackout shades! When we did have it, we liked it a lot. What's not to like, I am surprised that some people are not satisfied? The view is second to none, and there are many options of fruits, breads, prepared dishes, cheeses, nuts, various meats, smoked salmon, house made yogurt, cereals, made to order eggs, fresh juice, french press coffee... we found it well above many breakfast experiences around the globe, and the staff is wonderful.

The location of the hotel is as you have read here in previous reviews. It is a great, quiet place that is kind of in the middle of everything, but still feels remote and luxurious. There is some construction on the private street by the hotel, but it never bothered us, living in Manhattan, construction is just a given, and taxis totally can pull right up to the front door... not sure why a previous reviewer said that was not the case? The shortcut to the shopping street is a pretty steep climb and on a back alleyway, but for us, it was also fine. My biggest concern about it was not the incline, but there was quite a bit of broken glass, which is not the fault of the Tomtom, as there are residents on that street and a business or two. I was wearing flip-flops a lot of the time and never got cut, but I was always looking down, just FYI. It is a San Francisco kind of climb, but it just takes a couple of minutes. Alternatively, there are other routes to take you where you need to go that don't add much time to your commute.

My final thoughts are this: Stay here, you will not regret it! Make use of the excellent staff, they are eager to help you! I'd be writing for days if I were to mention every thing wonderful about Tomtom and our experience, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ambnyc
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We spent three weeks at Tomtom Suites and the standard of care remained consistently high over that period. Staff are very friendly, respectful and generous in sharing their knowledge of, and enthusiasm for their beautiful city. Reception area, restaurant and rooms are all large, inviting and visually pleasing spaces. The level of services are on par with any five star hotels we have stayed in during the past few years. No swimming pool but this did not detract from our stay. Excellent location and close to all of Istanbul's top-drawer attractions. Will will definitely stay at Tomtom suites again.

Room Tip: Our room was on level 3 and we had wonderful water views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KH1453
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Wonderful friendly staff in a comfortable convenient hotel lots of advice re trips etc and great location for access to public transport for access to main attractions Blue Mosque etc
Couldn't recommend the hotel more highly

Room Tip: Room on 1st floor had a view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank mornastewart
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This boutique hotel is a gem on many levels but will get better. The rooms are generously sized and well appointed with a very comfortable bed. Staff were excellent especially those at reception whose recommendations and suggestions were perfect. The restaurant/bar on the top floor has a wonderful view and a great breakfast. For those looking for a gym and/or pool, look somewhere else although the hills of Istanbul provide opportunity for calf stretching exercise. Located in a quiet street opposite the Italian Consulate where there was some "street enhancing" construction activity underway at the time of my visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank GJ312
Reviewed July 14, 2014

One of our all time favorite hotel experiences of all time! I would return to Istanbul again just to stay at the Tomtom Suites. We stayed 4 nights and wish we could have stayed longer. The hotel is very modern chic. The rooms are very large-living room, bedroom and large beautiful marble bathrooms with huge shower and large jacussi bathtubs. The sheets, towels and bathroom amenities all first class. Loved the rooms. The service was absolutely fantastic. Nural and his contemporaries go above and beyond to make your stay in Istanbul the very best. Every suggestion they made was right on and they were so friendly. They upgraded our 2 children's room to a larger suite like ours at no extra charge when there was a mistake with our reservation. The restaurant Nicole was fantastic and the full breakfast every morning with that beautiful Bosphorous view was truly memorable. I can't imagine staying any

Room Tip: Definitely go for the larger suites. Well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family