“Great hôtel in istanbul”
Review of Tomtom Suites

Tomtom Suites
Ranked #8 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great hôtel in istanbul”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Great hôtel in istanbul,with good staff ( Nural at the reception is awesome and gave us great advices on what to visit in the city, french speaker as well)
The room was very good and spacious. Service is discreet but effective

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Arnaud_BL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Where to begin? From the moment you enter this beautifully renovated century-old building, you feel welcomed and pampered. The interior is completely modern and elegantly spare. The suites are large, comfortable, quiet, and well-equipped. Great beds! The breakfast, served in the top-floor restaurant (with fabulous views) is excellent both in quality and variety. The staff: very helpful in every possible way, from providing hand-drawn maps to making restaurant reservations; every staff member was excellent, and special thanks to Nural.
Negatives. Hmmmmm.....I really have to search for this...well, the location, while very convenient, is off a steep street so perhaps those with mobility issues might find this a challenge. Otherwise, this is simply a superb hotel and on our next visit to beautiful Istanbul, we will most happily stay here again. This is the boutique hotel experience you want!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank CromartyRoots
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I spent 3 nights in TomTom Suites with my wife. They say their focus is on 'comfort' and you better take it seriously :-). Our room was very comfortable and I can't remind myself any other hotel offering me so many kinds of pillows to make my sleep as comfortable as possible :-).

The hotel is located in a quite place but only ~5 minutes walk from Istiklal Street which is a good place to go when looking for good restaurants, shops and night life. The hotel is very well communicated with old town as well.

TomTom's staff was extremely nice and helpful during our stay. They provided us with useful information on restaurants, communication etc. We simply loved breakfast at TomTom Suites. The buffet was full of delicious food, the atmosphere was great for a slow start of the day, the view from restaurant's windows was very nice and the staff was (again) excellent. From now on, for me TomTom's breakfast became kind of benchmark for a perfect breakfast :-).

The hotel's restaurant (Nicole) is also worth recommendation. We tried there the best lamb we ever ate.

All in all I recommend TomTom Suites in Istanbul for everyone. You won't regret.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Italian Consulate are for sure quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michal G
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel stands out mostly due to its' excellent service and beautiful suites. Nural at the reception is extremely service minded. He even booked all our restaurants before our arrival (according to a list I sent), he also recommended and booked the most beautiful hammam for us! Truly amazing service. We even got breakfast to our room at 5.50am on our last morning before our early flight.
The hotel is nicely situated on a quiet private street across an Italian consulate, on the new side of Istanbul. Very easy access to the trams that take you almost everywhere in Istanbul. Also a short way to many restaurants and shops and even to take the boat out on Bosphorus.
The rooms/suites are spacious and beautiful with a big bathroom (with shower and jacuzzi). Everything is very clean and fresh. There is a Nespresso-machine in the room and a small mini-bar. The Nespresso-capsules are not complimentary, what I would have expected in a hotel with this standard. Bed is very comfortable and the pillow-bar is a great service. Also lovely Molton Brown bath-products in the bathroom to add to the luxourious feeling.
Breakfast is served on the roof-top restaurant with a beautiful view across Istanbul. The breakfast is nice, but not exceptional. Eggs are made of request as well as coffee. There is also lunch served every day as well as afternoon tea. The restaurant is one of The Guardian's pick as one of the best in Istanbul.
I warmly recommend this hotel, it is a jem. We will surely return!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anu H
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The suites are huge and luxurious! The breakfast is amazing and the location is convenient. I would definitely return with great pleasure.
The staff is very helpful and can offer lots of good tips for restaurants, visits and any other help you may need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeffrey L
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A perfecty charming hotel, in a great location with the most helpful staff that really made our holiday. I took my girlfriend for her birthday to what was our first trip to Istanbul. The staff visually planned the whole 3 days for us with great tourist recommendations and the most wonderful dinning choices. On the day of her birthday they organised a trip down the Bosphorus and dinner in the most romantic spot with a wonderful and ensure the restaurant staff where aware of her special occasion and on return to our hotel they had wine on ice in our room. fantastic trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DerekMcM
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Last year I recommended this gem of a boutique hotel to my son & wife on their first trip to Istanbul and they were ecstatic!
I just got back from Istanbul and spent six nights at the Tomtom with my two cousins and they too were blown away with the location, service, the modern rooms and true hospitality.
The reservation was done thru Sinan who always is gracious and accommodating.
My son asked me to introduce myself to Nural who is a welcome addition to the hotel concierge desk. He is a gem of a gentleman, warm, knowledgeable and full of charm. Off course we can't forget Fuat in the breakfast room who was always waiting for us anxiously with a big smile & remembering our drink preferences. This was my second stay at the Tomtom and I'm sure it will not be my last. To me this felt like home away from home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends