“A big Thankyou to the staff”
Review of Tomtom Suites

Tomtom Suites
Ranked #8 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“A big Thankyou to the staff”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Not only are the Tom Tom Suites delectably stylish, luxurious and supersized, but they are blessed with phenomenal staff that go beyond the call of duty. On the evening of our departure after leaving the hotel and arriving at the airport I discovered I had left my laptop  behind. The member of staff who was on duty was supremely helpful. She called the restaurant where she established I had abandoned the laptop and arranged for a taxi driver to deliver it to me at the airport.
I just want to thank TomTom and your wonderful staff for your exemplary service.
Thankyou

2 Thank Aspasia K
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear "Aspasia K";

Thank your your delightful comments on TripAdvisor. This is such a great new to know that you have found back your computer. Our staff are well trained and giving most of them to accomodate all guests with humain touches and "younique service" concept. For your next visit in Istanbul, we will be glad to welcome you again here in Tomtom - The Old Franciscan House. As Tomtom family, we wish you a pleasant day.

Kindest Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

From the minute I walked in I knew I was going to be happy here. Nural welcomed me and made it very clear that all the staff were there to make sure your stay was a pleasant one. He and the rest of the team could not be more efficient and helpful ! All recommendations made were great. Thank you ! The hotel is beautiful and the decor is superb and very stylish. I had a standard room and to me it was luxury ! Very spacious and amazing attention to detail in EVERY aspect. Lovely separate lounge area, large room with king size bed and a seriously impressive marble bathroom with a separate shower and Philip Stark jet bath. My room did not have much of a view but that did not both me. There are however front facing rooms with beautiful views. I got to experience the views on the terrace for breakfast each morning which was good enough for me. I cannot think of one thing to complain about. Thank you Nural and Tomtom Suites for making my stay so enjoyable. I will definitely be back when passing through Istanbul and I will recommend to everybody I know !!!

Stayed August 2012
5 Thank John M
Dear "John M";

We are delighted to read your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for rating us "excellent" and sharing your great experiance with other visitors. We are happy to learn you have fully enjoyed our luxury facilities and staff services. On behalf of Tomtom team, i wish you a pleasant day and look forward to welcome you again for another memorable stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August 2012. The hotel is located in a choice location - very close to great restaurants and shopping. The rooms are beautiful - clean, modern, and spacious. But most importantly, the service you receive from this lovely small hotel is amazing. Our concierge, Nural, was so friendly and gracious - always with a smile and with great restaurant suggestions (and detailed maps!). He also helped us remotely with a taxi problem we encountered. In addition, there was a flight complication on our way home to NYC and we returned to the hotel unannounced that AM and they were so kind to accommodate us and find another room for us right away. We can't recommend this hotel enough!

3 Thank SNYC12
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear "SNYC12";

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed that much our location, suites decoration, comfort standards and "younique" service... I think Mr. Nural will be happy also to read your reviews. As Tomtom - The Old Franciscan House, we wish you a pleasant day.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 30, 2012

In July, my husband and I arranged for a trip to Instanbul with 8 other friends to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We all stayed at the Tom Tom Suites and couldn't have been happier. The rooms were beautiful and the staff catered to our every need. We were staying in the Luxury Suite on the 4th floor, with a huge patio and, quite frankly, I could have just stayed there for the entire trip. :) As wonderful as the hotel was, I would have to say that the highlight of the place, was Nural, the Guest Relations Specialist. I see that someone else has already raved about him on here, but honestly, he was fantastic. I was a bit worried about trying to organize meals and coordinate 10 people, but he made it a breeze. He suggested wonderful restaurants that suited our group perfectly and helped us work out itineraries each day. He took all the stress off my shoulders. The Tom Tom Suites experience made our amazing vacation even more unforgettable! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We noticed that the superior suite on the 4th floor was small compared with the ones on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jennifer C
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear "Jennifer C";

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, and thank you for trusting TOMTOM as the venue to celebrate your special event. I am delighted that everything went smoothly, it was an honor to contribute to your happiness on this special day. I am sure Mr. Nural will be delighted to read your precious feedbacks. I wish you all the best for your future together and hope we will see you again, for another memorable stay.

Best regards.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family of 7 stayed at the Tomtom Suites on our first and last night at Istanbul. The 3 rooms we had were of different layouts but similarly very well decorated and furnished. The hotel, a former French Convent, is located at a convenient place, a few minutes walk to the tram station and Taksim Square. The view from the 4th floor terrace restaurant is fantastic, overlooking the Golden Horn gulf. Breakfast spread is of limited choice but very good quality.
Service is very good. Mr Nural the front desk manager was very friendly and helpful.
A Home away from home hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Yoong_HS
Dear "Yoong_HS";

We are delighted to read your feedbacks. Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are thankful that you have rated our "Younique Service" excellent. This is the way we are serving to our guests to make them feel like "at home". I will certainly share your precious comments with Mr. Nural and the rest of our staff. Thank you again for reviewing us. We look forward to meet you again in Tomtom - The Old Franciscan House, for another perfect stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Tomtom Suites is a quiet boutique hotel tucked away a few streets from the main road. However, most of the attractions are only a short and convenient tram ride away - very easy to get to. The hotel is a little gem that has clean, large and comfortable rooms. The bathroom in my room was fully covered in marble and the toiletries are from Molton Brown (includes Dental Kit, Soaps, Bath Gels, Etc). The best part of the hotel is the service! Upon arrival, we were cheerfully greeted by Nural, the Guest Relations Specialist. He took a lot of time to explain the city to us over a drink in the restaurant and went out of his way to make us feel comfortable throughout our stay. If you do not have an itinerary planned, my advice would be to follow Nural's suggestions on attractions to visit and restaurants to eat at. We had a very good time exploring 'Nural's Istanbul'. The only improvement that I can think of is the breakfast. The service and ambience in the restaurant were good but the hot breakfast selection was rather limited. But we didn't mind because we just got off a cruise (i.e. ate too much) and were trying to limit our calorie intake, so a light continental breakfast was fine. By the way, they provide an iPad to play with over breakfast if you do not fancy taking in the gorgeous view of the Bosphorus from the 4th floor restaurant. The hotel is a SLH.com hotel and is honest in providing complimentary room upgrades at check-in if they are available. Note that not all SLH.com hotels are honest in giving its members a complimentary room upgrade (see my review on Hotel Splendide Royal in Rome). I got a free upgrade at Tomtom Suites. Oh, did I mention that Internet Wi-Fi, newspapers, and bottled water are free for all guests? This hotel is simply a little gem that is big on service!

Room Tip: SLH.com members get a complimentary room upgrade if available during check-in. Visit the SLH.com we...
7 Thank TropicalKwek
AliDoganCamak, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear "TropicalKwek";

This is great to read your excellent review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for feedbacks. Our remarks about our bathroom facilities, cleanless, guest service and location. I am sure Nural will be delighted after reading your comments. I would also thank you for your helpful feedbacks regarding our breakfast. I will talk about it to our culinary team as soon as possible, in order to keep our highest service standards. On behalf of all Tomtom team, i wish you an excellent day.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for four nights with two friends. The hotel is beautiful in a very convenient area near the tram (which takes you to all the biggest sites in Istanbul and is safe and easy to use) and the major pedestrian street of Istiklal Caddesi (which is admittedly up a VERY steep walk uphill). There are also a number of trendy and chic bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Our room was large (enormous by European standards) and very comfortable. The bathroom was similarly well appointed. The staff were extraordinarily polite and eager to help (especially the night concierge and the man who ran breakfast). The view from breakfast is also extraordinary over Istanbul.

Our only complaint was that a few requests made went unfulfilled at first, but were usually taken care of after a reminder (when possible).

But in total we were all completely wowed by the experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank markk612
Dear "markk612";

Thank you for rating us "excellent" on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you had such fond memories about our city and Tomtom's facilities. This is great to know you enjoyed our suites, our location, decoration and helpful staff. Our breakfast is one of the best in town, coparing to other small hotels. Please be sure that our staff and i will be happy to "wow" you again during your next visit in Istanbul... As Tomtom family, we wish you a great day.