“Design hotel with attention to little details”
Review of Tomtom Suites

Tomtom Suites
Ranked #11 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights and really enjoyed. It is a nice boutique hotel with friendly staff and attentention to the little, but important details! The hotel is located close to one of the main pedestrian streets in Istanbul with plenty of shops and restaurants around. Transportation (taxi and tram) are just a few minutes away. The size of a standard suite is sufficient and the interior is very high quality. Ipod docking station is available in the room. The free ipdas make it easy to quickly browse the net while having breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MucDubai

Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel is charming. The service is superb. Beds heavenly, rooms clean, marble bathrooms. The staff is welcoming, well versed in English and very helpful. If I had to say something negative, it would be that there is a steep hill to get to the pedestrian street that everyone wants to be at. Breakfast is local and delicious. No newspapers, but you don't miss them - iPads are available! It is small, just a few rooms, but do go out of your way for the experience. Kudos to Ferhat, Asli, Sinan, Uryan Renaran (Sorry, I misspelled his name). Restaurant is simple, but delicious high quality.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lnL80
TomtomSuites, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2011

Dear Tomtom Suites Guest,
Thank you for your comments. They give us the energy to pursue our "younique" way of personal service concept. We are looking forward to welcome you or your friends in a near future. Warmest regards.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We spent three days at Tomtom Suites at the end of our Turkish vacation, and after having spent 5 days in Sirkeci prior to traveling in the country at the beginning of our trip. We enjoyed the Tomtom very much; our room was spacious and comfortable and we loved the bathroom. Breakfast was very nice with a good choice of food and cooked eggs, and the breakfast staff were friendly and they remembered preferences. We had a wonderful dinner in the roof top restaurant, La Mouette. While expensive, the French/Turkish fusion food was delicious.

We enjoyed seeing this side of Istanbul, across the Golden Horn, but, as tourists, we preferred being closer to all the sites in Sultanahmet. While it is easy to take the tram or walk, we were happy to have seen and experienced the old city from a base closer to the major points of interest. We are 60++ and really like to walk. In fact we walked from Tomtom to Sultanahmet to visit the Archeology Museum and walked back to the hotel with no difficulty. The one thing we found difficult was the VERY steep hill that you need to walk up to get to Istiklal Cadd. It is not an easy stroll. One day we climbed the hill three times and the last time it was hard to come up with any enthusiam. While we loved the hotel itself, I am not sure we will return

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mayo Gal
TomtomSuites, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Dear Tomtom Guest,
Greetings from Seven Hills city of Istanbul!
Thank you very much for your feedback that you have shared in TripAdvisor following your recent stay.
We are dedicated to create memorable experiences for our guests thus delighted to receive your comments.
Also, I would like to inform our future guests that it is possible to use the finicular system or the taxis (3 USD) to avoid the very step hill.
Kindest regards.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed here in Sept 2010 for my 1 year anniversary. This was my first time visiting a European country, and I am glad I chose Turkey to be my first stop. Booked this hotel because of the great ratings and comments from trip advisor. Loved the location of the hotel, walking distance to the metro and Istiklal Caddesi where we ate most of the nights and walked around. Beautiful hotel and decor. Spacious room, bathroom, and sitting area. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was included in the rate that we paid, and it was lovely sitting on the roof top every morning with the view. Breakfast included variety of cheeses,meats, breads, muffins, jams and spreads, yogurt, potatoes, vegetables, and you can request to have eggs any way you would like. The only thing I would complain about was the they were doing renovation on the restaurant in the hotel, and right after about 10-11 am or so they would start, and our room was located right underneath. So at times we would go back to room to rest before heading out, and all we would here was banging and tools dropping. I went down to hotel to tell them but they simply said there is nothing they can do. So I was a little disappointed about that, but the pro's outweighed that one con. But LOVED everything else about, and I will def. stay here again if I come back (which I will, loved the shopping there!)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank aafendy
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I recently spent 11 nights in the hotel and was very well looked after, especially at breakfast and by the maid service in the room. Unlike other reviewers, I wasn't bothered by noise from the school, but I was at the back in room 31. I loved the complimentary Ipads at breakfast - very useful for catching up on emails.

The restaurant was excellent and had the best bottle of wine during my entire stay in Istanbul - a sauvignon blanc from NZ. This was a fine dining experience and yes the prices do reflect this.

I didn't use room service and so cannot comment, except to say that it did seem a bit limited.

As the walk up to Istiklal Street is steep, I used to walk down to Tophane and catch the tram to Kabatas and then get the funicular to Taksim, or I'd get the tram over to Sultanahmet etc. for sightseeing, thus avoiding the steep walk uphill. Downhill wasn't nearly so painful!

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ReasonLondon
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Located just far enough away from Istiklal to be quiet and just close enough to make walking anywhere easy. The staff, especially Asli Yurdakul and Fuat Tiryaki (sp?), were very pleasant and helpful. The library had more relevant materials than one could digest in five stays. The restaurant on the fourth floor has a great view and very good food but, due to the secure nature of the location, is not crowded. We were able to have a lovely dinner for eleven on the balcony with a smashing view of the Bosphorous and Sultanahmet area. At breakfast the complementary access to the electronic tablets made checking e-mails and websites for local attractions a breeze.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GregW172
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Location:
At first we weren't sure if we picked the right hotel but within a few hours we realized our location was close to the popular Istiklal avenue which has restaurants and coffee shops open till wee hours. In fact it's just a 2 min walk to get to the street and you wouldn't need a taxi to go out if you're bored.
Service: The front desk, to name two, Akgin and Asli, were really friendly and came up with suggestions of two of our favorite restaurants- Kiva and Develi. The front desk is on call 24hrs and suggested some really good restaurants during our stay. They are friendly and quite prompt.
Room: Clean and spacious.
Tip: If you must book a taxi ask the front desk to it so that way you don't get charged excessively and also most taxi we found on our own didn't 'know' our hotel.

Only negative for me was the pillows. They are too firm or too soft but I would prefer a regular one to all the ultra specific ones.
Breakfast needs some improvement as far as the selection of dishes goes.

Other than that, we see ourselves returning to Tomtom in the future and hopefully they only get better.

Room Tip: Pick the one overlooking the consulate garden
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple