“Great hotel for exploring Istanbul”
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Osmanhan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I, plus another couple stayed in this hotel at the weekend for 2 nights while visiting Istanbul from London. We booked the hotel because of the great reviews on trip adviser and was not disappointed. The hotel owner was really friendly, offering us lots of tips and adviser on what to do, where to eat etc.

The hotel itself was very clean and in a great location for exploring. It's a 5 min walk to the blue mosque and 10min talk to lots of the other sites. It's also just of a main road which has lots of nice places to eat.

I would definitely recommend the hotel to everyone to stay in and would return again.

Room Tip: We loved Tria Elegance restaurant which the hotel recommended and would recommended to everyone else...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emwynne
There are newer reviews for Osmanhan Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was in Istanbul for just one night on a stop-over between Germany and the US, and I decided to stay at the Osmanhan based on tripadvisor reviews. I was very pleased with my choice. The staff are friendly and super-helpful. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet, and the hotel manager even upgraded me to a bigger room for free due to a cancelation. The taxi initially had some trouble finding the hotel so I recommend printing a map.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AlexFlint
Reviewed February 15, 2014

What a great little hotel! The reviews that this hotel receives on TripAdvisor are thoroughly deserved. The team that run the hotel are gracious, the rooms are comfortable, the local restaurant recommendations reliable and the position of the hotel is excellent. I was there on a short business trip, but for tourists, the hotel is well positioned in the old city of Istanbul. I can't see why anyone would want to stay in a more expensive or fancier hotel.

I very much look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Edward S
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the osmanhan hotel 3 nights,our experience as the osmanhan hotel was great.The location was fantastic,the roof area is great and you get good views of the marmara sea.Best part of our stay was the helpfull and friendly staff.I highly recommend this fantastic hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hakan K
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am not certain where to start, really! From the moment we entered the Osmanhan Hotel, we were treated like family! I have stayed in high-end hotels, but the service I received at the Osmanhan is simply unparalleled. The hotel's location is ideal; we walked to all the major attractions. The room was comfortable and extremely clean! Every morning, we enjoyed an exquisite, delicious, home-made breakfast on the terrace. I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Istanbul! I look forward to my next visit and stay at the Osmanhan Hotel. Hamit, Mehmet, Abdullah, Simin, you all are fantastic! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ahm27630
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Where else could we stay on our second visit to Istanbul but here ?

Our stay was split into two, and we had 2 different rooms, so now we have stayed in 3 of the Osmanhan`s bedrooms :o)

The next floor up from reception are rooms 21 and 22 (standard rooms), then the floor after that is 31 and 32 (deluxe), and then the rooms directly under the breakfast room and terrace are 41 and 42 (deluxe)

We stayed in 31 first, which is actually my favourite room. and then 41, where there was a bit of noise from the breakfast room overnight, as if it was being cleaned, or something was going on, and also it was a bit cold and I never felt the radiators heat up, I did mention this at reception but nothing changed.

Apart from that, the usual great service, clean linen, comfy beds, fab breakfast. We have friends who are visiting Istanbul in a couple of months and we had no hesitation in recommending the Osmanhan.

Make sure you visit the Aloran restaurant while you`re here - go up from hotel, turn right along the street with all the restaurants until you get nearly to the end of the street, the last turning on your left, it`s the second one up. My new favourite !!!!

Room Tip: Room 31 (deluxe) is the nicest room in my opinion, with 21 (standard) running a close second. The on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank traceyandpeter
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My daughter-in-law and I recently spent six nights at the Osmanhan Hotel. We miss our new friends already. Hamit, Mehmet and the rest of the staff went out of their way to help us in every way they could. Every restaurant they recommended was terrific and there are many good ones a short walk away. The fish restaurant down the hill is a must. The morning breakfast buffet was yummy with a nice variety of items; plus a great view. The stairs might be a challenge for some. So just note that there is no elevator and breakfast is on the fourth floor. Book early as there are only 7 rooms in this boutique hotel. The use of space is efficient and the facilities are clean, updated, and more than adequate. The rooms are compact but we found it to be cozy and not an issue at all. The location is unbeatable. The Blue Mosque and Tram are a few minutes walk away. Istanbul was a five star vacation spot and the staff here was a major part of making our trip a memorable one. We give it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Room Tip: This is a unique experience and a very enjoyable one. If you want a large luxurious room, elevator...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family