“Very good”

Alexandria, Egypt
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is good.

Clean Rooms. Excellent Service from individuals. Reasonable breakfast. The view from the top floor rooms is exquisite. The sound of the birds and the scenery is lovely!

My only comment is we booked a triple room and paid extra for the extra person but the room is too small to fit three people. With the extra bed in place, we can hardly move in the room. I think it is fair to request that when triple is booked, a more spacious room is provided since we already pay extra for the extra person.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
yaprakyilmaz, Ön Büro Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your priceless feedback.

As The Marmara Şişli family, we are happy to hear and share your satisfaction with your stay.

We keep on working for making The Marmara Şişli a more home-like place to you and develop our service to an even better level.
Your ideas are the one and only thing to improve our excellence on this process.

We would love to see you in our property on your next visit to İstanbul.

Kind Regards,

Cumhur Büyükyüksel
Front Office Manager
The Marmara Şişli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I visited The Marmara Sisli on early April 2014 as part of a business trip to Istanbul. Although this was a one night stay, let me clarify that I travel often around the globe and consider myself an experienced leisure and business traveller. Overall The Marmara Sisli gives you the impression of a good quality hotel, without luxury exaggerations or other fancy details. It’s located in the Sisli area, which is considered to be a business district, quite close to the Tramp Tower shopping centre. Across the hotel there is a Carrefour supermarket which might be quite handy and also the METRO station is a few steps from the hotel, making it a convenient spot if you wish to commute. There was also a TV station nearby, which made me think that Sisli must be a “good” location. The front side of the hotel includes the bar/breakfast area, a nice sitting room and the reception.

Regarding the service, I would say that overall the staff is extremely polite and helpful, always present to accommodate your needs. A bonus was the fact that almost all of the staff with whom I talked was also English speaking and quite good at it might I say (specifically considering we’re in Turkey). By the way, important note if you arrive early: check-ins start at 15.00 o clock -ontrary to the usual 12.00 o clock in most hotels-, which however also means you get a “late check-out.

I particularly liked the fact that when I checked-in around noon time and went to my room, about 15’ later I got a phone call from the reception to check if I was ok or needed anything else. I got a room on the 9th floor (I think it was 905) with an awesome view which was very relaxing especially during evening hours. The room was very clean and tidy, there was a minibar, A/C, TV with satellite channels and all the necessary amenities and accessories one might need (soaps, sewing kits, hairdryers, shoe polish, slippers etc). One gadget which I liked especially was a radio player/clock with integrated dock for iPhone and iPod. Nice touch if you wish to listen to your own tunes. Last but not least in the pros, there was even free Wi-Fi access with a code that the reception provides you upon checking in.

The bed and pillows were comfortable, however I think the single bed was a bit narrow. One thing which seemed a bit strange was the arrangement of the bathroom: facing the bathroom space, the shower room and the toilet were separate compartments. Shower was on the left hand and toilet on the right hand with both spaces using a “saloon type” glass door. This arrangement did not actually provide the necessary level of privacy, which might prove awkward especially if you’re sharing the room. Other than that, I would say the room was quite nice.

With regards to other things which I liked, the breakfast buffet was very rich with many options, from traditional Turkish dishes to standard American breakfast choices. No reason to go into details, just rest assured that whatever type of breakfast you like, there are options for you. Considering the reasonable price which I paid for the room in the 4-star hotel, I would say it is a value-for-money choice for accommodation in Istanbul. Not too central, but close enough to all the areas you might want to visit.

As I said, this was a 1 night stay so I did not have the chance to explore further the services of the hotel. My stay was pleasant and on top of everything, when I checked-out I was offered a fresh apple for the road and received a goodbye with a smile. Isn’t that, after all what you expect to get from a hotel experience?

Overall, I would definitely visit again and suggest The Marmara Sisli to anyone looking for a convenient and good quality hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter and more pleasant due to the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tsakali_gr
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your ideas with us. It is the most valuable thing a hotelier will ever get, indeed.

The Marmara Şişli Hotel offers a short subway-ride or a 5-minute walk to almost all business destinations, which makes it a very attractive choice for business travellers, as well as excursionists who do not mind travelling and loves shopping.

We would love to welcome you back to The Marmara Şişli Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Cumhur Büyükyüksel
Front Office Manager
Beirut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Staff are excellent.location is good.rooms are old designed.bulbs are burned.AC doesnt work although we told the reception two times but we stayed the whole week without AC.window was messy(they told us that the second day they will clean it and no body cleans it. Poor breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good location, clean rooms, breakfast could be a bit more of selection, but overall a good hotel. the staff is very nice and the rooms a very nice view. we will sure come here again. a quite special character hotel, like in the 20s...very well designed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with theMarmaraHotels.com

yaprakyilmaz, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding the services and staff during your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. We will definitely share your comments with the whole team here and read with pride.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Marmara Şişli

Yaprak YILMAZ
Misafir İlişkileri Yönetmeni
Guest Relations Supervisor
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in Dec of 2013, the hotel was quirky unlike others, no doubt because thetes MS is known as the best designed hotel on some such list. The room layout is very different, especially the washroom. The view from the MS is delightful, the room service offered is poor, the breakfast offered is not bad, the front desk Burcu was very helpful but my top marks go to Enes. Enes is a bellboy at the hotel, ready with tips to offer, negotiate taxi trips and extremely friendly. The biggest thing not in the MS's favour is the location. Sisli is far away from the main touristy areas and sites and there isn't much to do. Our biggest costs after the hotel stay were on taxi rides, simply because Sisli is far from everything. A bonus for food lovers is that the MS is located right next to a hole in the wall restaurant , it's very sparse and one has to climb downhill to enter, one can see the customers sitting below street level through a transparent canopy, at first glance no one will want to come here, but try the food. it is one of the best culinary experiences we had.

In short-good hotel worth staying - bad location-bad room service-friendly staff-decent breakfast-next to a delightful ultra cheap rest.

Room Tip: choose the rooms facing west for the view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank- you very much for your excellent feedback, and we will be sure to share this our team with pride. Your feedback is important to help us create the best possible experience for our guest. We trully look forward to welcoming you back, with the following suggestions for improvement in mind.

Best regards,

Yaprak YILMAZ
Misafir İlişkileri Yönetmeni
Guest Relations Supervisor
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times,The area is very convenient for me.

I stayed recently found the customer service a bit weak.Burcu,on reception,was very rude,kept looking at me ,blankly ,when i asked questions.Not only this,she kept laughing,when i asked for explanation of certain things.??

3 days previous,i woke up to DRILLING and refurbishment noise for 2 hours.It started to drive me nuts.I went downstairs,spoke to the manager.I expected discount on that days stay!The manager ,refused as the many was taken upfront,so he suggested any EXTRAS,i buy will be OF NO CHARGE!!!hes exact words!I said i dont get extras.Dont worry,if you do,no charge!!!!

To my horror,as i checked out of the hotel MR VEROL (manager)was rung up,as ,Burcu,said no notes about no charge???The manager then said over the phone,I thought i said discount!TOTAL UTTER LIE!!!!These days,lesson to all,make sure you get any promises in writing!!!!Shame on you,MR VEROL!!!!terrible customer service tactic,very cheeky!

The extras only came to 30 tl (10 stirling)its the principle the got me soooo angryyyyyy.

The rooms are adequate,service is not great.The location is superb,near big shoppping centers,supermarkets.This small hotel has a little gym,big plus point!!!.

Room Tip: All standard rooms are the same,mostly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cey k
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

This was the first time for me and for my friends here in istanbul at the marmara sisli. From the time we arrived at the hotel everybody was extraordinarily welcoming and friendly. At the reception we didnt have to wait so long for our rooms. I guess since they knew that we would come to the hotel, everything was ready even the room keys! We really liked it as we were all so tired. The rooms are quite good and well equipment, service was amazing you dont have to ask for something twice when you call the reception desk. The housekeeping team was great special thanks to them for cleaning and refreshing my room everyday, folding my clothes and putting them nicely like their own clothes and goods. Turkish breakfast at the lobby was also so good! The staff at the restaurant was so kind and willing to help us about everything with a smiling face for days! Thank you Yaprak and Baris for being so nice during our stay. At night bellboy was giving service even if after the bar was closed since we always were late to be back hotel. What i'm saying is they never say NO :) i hope i can make it to visit istanbul again in the future and see those wonderful people at the marmara sisli. They also show you the 'must seen' areas in istanbul with a map which is great since we were all tourists. You will be already at the center of the city because the location is also great and easy to go everywhere by metro. Now i dont get lost next time when i visit istanbul thanks to them. When we checked out they gave us rooms to check out late which was great since we needed to take a shower and pack. They also kept our luggages for a while as we were out spending our last minutes in istanbul. Thank you guys for such a wonderful stay. It was an unforgettable experience for us and will definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business