“beautifull design”

Ranked #329 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Bucharest, Romania
“beautifull design”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We enjoyed staying at this newly renovated hotel, it is situated close to the center, by car 15 min.

Room Tip: you will enjoy to stay on the highest floor posible
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your kind comments for The Marmara Sisli Hotel.
We are very happy that you enjoyed to stay with us.Please feel free to contact me at any time for your future inquires.

@: gkurkcu@themarmarahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cesena, Italy
Reviewed December 6, 2011

i have stayed in this hotel twice and i don't know why i want to stay there in again when i have a businness in Istanbul. Close to the transportation, lovely staff, good concept and best price. No doubt, come again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Mr.Stefano;
Thank you for your kind comments regarding to The Marmara Sisli Hotel.
Our aim is to make all of our guests happy and make them feel like home.
We would like to see you for your next trip to Istanbul at our new Suite rooms with Jakuzzi experience with wonderful bosphorus view.

Thank you.

Wien
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I liked staying at the hotel. The rooms are small, but nice, stuff is friendly, BUT
dont try the minibar. I payed for a Toblerone about 7 Euro! Internet was free. The breakfast was average to poor and the gym was renovated that time. But all in all I had a good impression. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Mr.Roland;
Thank you for your kind review about The Marmara Sisli Hotel.
We will make necessary improvement to increase our breakfast quality.Meanwhile we are chaging our breakfast buffet style and products wise.
For the minibar prices, as you know there are always additional service fee for these kind of products at hotels all around the world.But we will reconsider our minibar pricelist due to your review.
We would like to see you in near future for a different The Marmara Sisli experience since we are going to launch new suite rooms with in a month.
For your further requirements please feel free to contact me.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Get the big rooms !

Third stay in the Marmara Sisli , got a Superior room which used to be called “square plus” before , the hotel has got some improvements like English city& Shopping guides, more variety in small things like bathroom kits TV channels , etc …with the good offers like stay 3 nights & pay for 2 it will be always competitive from a (value for money point of view ) … shopping malls like Javaher & Astoria are close , also 2 metro stations and 2 main bus stops are in a walking distance if you are public transport user…

PS: I have always been in relatively big rooms , I have heard that other rooms are very small .

Negative points : cleanness of the rooms is good and maintained , whoever , more attentions most be given to that like the couches , mine was stained haven’t felt commutable to use it , also the English language ability for some of the service staff will be helpful, I happen to know some Turkish so I managed my way , for others it might be difficult little bit to communicate

Over all experience is good, my tactical suggestion is: Get a big room and check out the special offers!

1 Thank Ahmad R
Cairo
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The best thing about Marmara Sisli is the location, Sisli is a nice neighbourhood in Istanbul, the hotel is 5 min walk from Istanbul most luxurious mall "Istanbul Cevahir" and the underground "Metro" station.
I was shocked when I saw the room, it's designed as a sleeping train room, very narrow bed, no bathroom, the toilet, sink and shower are just scattered around the room with no closed doors.
There was absolutely no space to put my luggage, not even a chair to sit on.
One good thing to mention was the Air conditioning was working perfectly in July hottest days. ACs are a major problem in most of Istanbul 3 and 4 stars hotels and is something you really need to watch out for if you travel during summer.
The cleaning was average, the bed sheets weren't changed daily but still my main concern is the size of the room and the fact that no closed bathroom exists.
Stay at Marmara Sisli only if you are travelling alone or with friends and only if you get a good rate and plan to go back to the hotel only to sleep.

Room Tip: avoid the wagon style rooms at all costs, the have no closed bathrooms and are really tiny
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear Sir;
I am sorry that you didn't happy the room that you stayed.
As you already know The Marmara Sisli is a boutique and special design hotel.
These wagon rooms has been renovating since last october and becoming a new suit rooms with jakuzzi's near by window with a wonderful bosphorus view.
I will be happy to make you upgrade to Suit rooms for a different The Marmara Sisli experience.
Please let me know for your future bookings I will be very happy to assist you personaly.

Thanks for choosing The Marmara Sisli Hotel

The Marmara Sisli
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

First, can you believe a toilet with no door!!! YES, it is possible,,, exclusive in this hotel !!!

Floor is the 5 star hotel for Bugs !!

Towels never changed unless you ask for it which is not acceptable in a 4 Star Hotel!!

and thats for you manager if you remember,,, that garbage bag left next to our bed !! yeah thats me !!!!!

I never ever seen a hotel that leave a black garbage bag left after what is so called "room cleaning"

Can you believe it a garbage left next to your bed,,, you dont find this in a one start hotel !!!!

bed sheet and pillows never get changed and never get cleaned cleaned unless we ask for it,,, EVERYDAY !!!!

Bathroom never get cleaned either,,,, you will see your hair left there all your stay

I GUARANTEE this !!!

I wanna slap the one who rated this hotel as a 4 star hotel

Rooms are bloody small !!!

and its too expensive for the service provided!!

if you see a one star hotel please consider this as an alternative

I am Turkish and I am so ashamed of this and I feel embarrassed of my country because The Marmara sisli exists !!

you Manger I am the one who stayed in your Hotel from 19/6 - 26/6

Room Tip: Even the best room is rubbish !!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MohammedPelin
GKURKCU, General Manager at The Marmara Sisli, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Sir,

We are sorry that your experience at our hotel was a disappointing one and assure you that all your comments have been duly noted.
We apologize for any inconvience we may have caused and would appreciate the opportunity to gain back your confidence in our hotel in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,
e-mail:gkurkcu@themarmarahotels.com
Minsk
Reviewed October 24, 2011

There's just nothing wrong with the hotel. I mean, it doesn't impress me with something special, it's just a what you need from hotel - clean and quite place to stay.

Room could be a bit more spacious, but there's enough space to live in. Decor is good, everything was clean, quite, internet connection was good. People on reception are helpful.

I put location to average because it's too far away from the old city and at the same time quite far away (2 metro stations) from business area at levent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business